Tights-what doyou do when black won't do?

(13 Posts)
PaperPomPom Mon 30-Sep-13 07:33:25

My boss wears navy tights all the time as an alternative to black opaques.

I stick to black opaques, nude, and sometimes grey knit tights out of work.

mewkins Mon 30-Sep-13 07:30:31

Navy tights look fine with grey, purple, red, brown...any autumnal colours really

mewkins Mon 30-Sep-13 07:30:17

Navy tights look fine with grey, purple, red, brown...any autumnal colours really

Snog Mon 30-Sep-13 07:23:47

pale blue pencil skirt needs nude sheer tights or bare legs imo

conquita Mon 30-Sep-13 01:02:41

What colour tights would you wear with a pale blue pencil skirt?

ThePorpoiseOfStupidity Sun 29-Sep-13 21:39:24

I have some navy tights but have been to scared to wear them! I've put them on about 3 times with different outfits and took them off again hmm. What do you all wear with your navy tights?

Ruprekt Sun 29-Sep-13 21:29:36

I love coloured tights!

magso Sun 29-Sep-13 21:25:53

I wear grey as well as black. The most useful colour for me is a blueish grey - think it was called graphite or charcoal in M&S last year. Goes well with blues. As I am short I tend to wear 15 denier coloured tights to match my shoes, but I am not sure that could work with teal! My tall friend wears lots of coloured opaques and it looks fine.

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Sun 29-Sep-13 21:05:03

Navy tights? What with? Grey perhaps? I can imagine they wouldn't be toddler like.

I could possibly consider some kind if woolly neutral/beige tights I think. And maybe woolly grey too.

TrickyWoo Sun 29-Sep-13 21:02:56

Navy tights fine IMO, wear them lots. Dont look like a toddler.

GobblersKnob Sun 29-Sep-13 21:02:28

I am the opposite GWTDS, I have tights in every colour imaginable grin though I have lots of black too.

Wine looks great with grey, teal, mustard....

Navy and teal would look great with orange.

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Sun 29-Sep-13 20:51:26

I have a policy of only wearing black opaque or wool tights or nude tights. I think coloured tights make people look like toddlers.

PractialJoke Sun 29-Sep-13 20:50:05

I'm trying to wear less black. I know it doesn't suit me and I like a bit more colour when I make the effort to be more adventurous.

As a result I have a number of outfits that don't work with black opaques, which are my usual default.

For example, navy dress and teal shoes (or anything with the lovely teal suede shoes?

Wine coloured dress with (amazing) wine coloured high heeled shoe boots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now