are these boots mumsy?

(27 Posts)
madhousequeen Sun 29-Sep-13 19:40:22

link

I like them but a friend just said they are very mumsy/flimsy hmm

what is the mumsnet verdict?

I don't think they're either mumsy or flimsy but then I'm nearly 40! Are you quite sure you've linked to the right boots?? wink

I like them. However, I think you might look mummy in them depending on how you wear them.

piratecat Sun 29-Sep-13 19:45:35

i like the military boot look, but those ones, for me, are too girly/mumsy.

not 'ard enough.!

*mumsy

BeatrixIsPotty Sun 29-Sep-13 19:50:05

I think it could go either way dependent on the style of outfit and attitude of the wearer, sorry that doesn't help really does it?!

itsnothingoriginal Sun 29-Sep-13 19:50:45

Like them and don't think they are mumsy! I've just bought similar lace up style ones from clarks and they're great - go with everything.

madhousequeen Sun 29-Sep-13 19:52:27

thanks - i live in skinnies and (smartish) tops. loads of black/white. and am slim & tall (5'10). i don't usually look mumsy (i hope). i tend to wear ballerinas during spring/summer.

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Sun 29-Sep-13 19:54:13

Would only look Mumsy if put with boot cuts, and a fleece wink

madhousequeen Sun 29-Sep-13 19:58:42

does anybody know - how do clarks sizes come up?

might go for it bevor the code expires..

itsnothingoriginal Sun 29-Sep-13 20:01:33

I've always found them true to size especially with that kind of boot. Sometimes the biker style ones can be a bit sloppy on my feet so I need a half size down for them..

DontmindifIdo Sun 29-Sep-13 20:03:28

Not very keen, sorry.

Jbck Sun 29-Sep-13 20:55:17

I like them but I'd put them on the smart casual wear scale which might be what your friend means by flimsy, in that they are not chunky and 'ard like a biker style.
I've always found Clarks true to size.

SundaySimmons Sun 29-Sep-13 23:17:52

Not keen either.

Bit victorian looking.

Choos123 Sun 29-Sep-13 23:44:06

I spent 3 hours boot shopping this weekend, I think either go for something prettier or more military fwiw, I think you could find a better pair, they are a bit blah smile

Bigbonbon Mon 30-Sep-13 00:57:30

I agree they are a bit mumsy. Imo need to go tougher or a more feminine - these are too middle of the road

JoyceDivision Mon 30-Sep-13 01:19:39

I have some a bit like that which were given to me, and I hate them. Mumsy! Sorry!

LeoandBoosmum Mon 30-Sep-13 01:42:49

I like them and the fact that they manage to look quite feminine. I really don't like the biker boot look...no offence to those that might wear them but, for me, they seem butch and not feminine at all. Do you want lace-ups? Whistles has some (non lace-up) boots which are really nice and they have their 25% off until 7th October *you'd need the Grazia mag from last week, off the after tomorrow if you wanted to apply the promo instore. With the 25% off they'd probably work out around the same or just a bit more than the price of the ones you posted... smile

LeoandBoosmum Mon 30-Sep-13 01:43:37

sorry, should read 'off the shelves after tomorrow' as new one comes out on Tuesday.

NoComet Mon 30-Sep-13 02:03:02

I think I love you, but my bank balance doesn't.
I've been after some lace up boots for about three years. Those might just do!

Yes they are a bit middle of the road and if you are 5'4" with size 4 feet, that's what you want. Too clumpy and I look like I've borrowed someone else's clothes and too dainty and dressed up look bloody stupid on a SAHM in jeans and a hoodie (and yes sometimes bootcuts and a fleece, if that's all that's clean).

laughingeyes2013 Mon 30-Sep-13 05:54:17

When I saw the boots I immediately 'saw' a cool, slightly hippy, layered dress style. Carefree and countrified, if you get me. Not my personal style, but just saying my first impressions!

bunnymother Mon 30-Sep-13 06:05:40

Mmm, they really aren't appealing to me. They look a bit like walking boots. And aren't either fierce enough or pretty enough for my taste.

SundaySimmons Mon 30-Sep-13 07:31:56

I don't particularly like the lace up ankle boot but prefer these to the ones in the op

www.dune.co.uk/rawling-sm-back-zip-detail-lace-up-ankle-boot-0617508150045275/

SundaySimmons Mon 30-Sep-13 07:32:56
SundaySimmons Mon 30-Sep-13 07:35:00

Heres a link to all Dune ankle boots, many are reduced

www.dune.co.uk/ankle-dept3202/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now