Is there ANYTHING nice in Next?

(118 Posts)
RollerCola Fri 27-Sep-13 16:03:35

I'm in dire need of some new clothes & have a Next account that I can use. I've not bought anything from there for ages at it all just seemed a bit meh last time I looked.

Is there anything decent in there? In particular I'm looking for black leggings with tummy covering, skinny jeans (high rise if poss) and perhaps some ankle boots & going out tops. I'm a 10/12 (well 10 in Next sizing)

frankietwospots Mon 30-Sep-13 20:26:21

That soft V neck jumper looks really nice SteppedOnaFrog - tempted by the grey one to wear with my PU front panel leggings. What's the sizing like?

Size down and it's still slouchy enough for leggings x

frankietwospots Mon 30-Sep-13 21:02:23

Thank you! Off to place order...

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 30-Sep-13 21:19:57

I want this, this and this.

frankietwospots Mon 30-Sep-13 21:24:21

That cardigan is lovely! Stop it!

I like that stitch sweater in the black and blush.......
strains

Has anyone ordered any of their perfumes?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 30-Sep-13 22:21:09

I want them but if I spend any more money on clothes I think dh will divorce me. Need to sell some really. sad

applecrumbleandcream Mon 30-Sep-13 22:44:43

Orangesanddemons do you realise you are coming across as a right knob?! Lets see the sort of things you like to buy and we can judge you before you criticise others !!

CointreauVersial Mon 30-Sep-13 23:00:03

grin at this thread!

Starts off as a "Next is shit" diatribe, then it's all "ooh, that's nice, this is lovely too, such a bargain...."

Me, I like a bit of Next, particularly for work. Not everything is nice, and they do have the odd "off" season, but I have several Next items in my wardrobe that I have worn and worn and worn.

squoosh Mon 30-Sep-13 23:05:16

Oooooh it's going to be an Apple and Oranges showdown. wink

applecrumbleandcream Mon 30-Sep-13 23:08:54

Next is a reasonably priced high street store that is catering to the whole family in one store They sell some nice things and also some shit things...same as anywhere else so no need to go overboard about how crap it is. If you don't like it, then don't go in. Simple really eh?

applecrumbleandcream Mon 30-Sep-13 23:09:36

Showdown? haha no too bloody tired for that grin

ErrolTheDragon Mon 30-Sep-13 23:17:42

My DD got some skinny black jeans a couple of weeks ago which she loves. Not had them long enough to know if they sag or bag but they look good at the moment.

LostMarbles99 Tue 01-Oct-13 06:37:58

I wore these black ankle boots yesterday and I love them! Wore them all day and they are extremely comfortable. Would consider getting them in the real if I wasn't on shopping ban

LostMarbles99 Tue 01-Oct-13 06:38:25

*teal

I bought this too and it's beautiful. It is cut really well and sweeps to the floor. Sure beats a fleecy pair of owl pyjamas although I have them too for when the occasion requires

here

vjg13 Tue 01-Oct-13 11:39:22

I think all shops seem to have a lot of polyester things now, even higher end shops and they charge a corresponding higher price. I like some of the jumpers linked to and may buy online.

I did see some scary shoes in the Xmas brochure though, with cut out parts with net curtain in, can't find to link sadly.

BerryLellow Tue 01-Oct-13 11:52:37

The problem with Next, is they put all their shittiest things in the shops and somehow never have a good range of sizes.

Same with their childrenswear - all the 'I'm a cheeky monkey' and 'Mummy's little pole dancer' crapola ends up in there when you just want something relatively plain.

I have some lovely things from the online catalogue though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now