Best Black leggings

(43 Posts)
rednellie Fri 27-Sep-13 11:30:27

I want ones that are hard wearing (use them for dance, wearing out and about with tunics etc), dark black, full length and don't sag.

Any ideas?

IDugUpADiamond Fri 27-Sep-13 11:35:30

American Apparel

BopsX3 Fri 27-Sep-13 11:36:31

I have some from asda. They were only £6 and they're great. They're quite thick too so not see through wink

I've seen a few people with the primark leggings on and you can literally see what underwear they have on grin

MrsBertMacklin Fri 27-Sep-13 11:39:20

I've seen glowing reports about Sainsbury's luxury leggings, but have yet to pin down a pair in my size.

sainsburys luxury £10 a pair are good, size down though otherwise you get baggy knees in them, or the boden leggings again size down, but not because of baggy knees, just because they come up huge.

Ollybear Fri 27-Sep-13 11:42:10

I just bought the m&s stay new leggings (£9.50) and they seem fab so far. May want to size down.

rednellie Fri 27-Sep-13 11:49:24

That's interesting. So general consensus is to size down -makes sense to me.

Off to have a look at Sainburys luxury leggings...

JennyPiccolo Fri 27-Sep-13 11:57:26

Sainsbury's luxury ones are quite big, especially round the ankle. Mine look daft unless I've got boots on.

smogwod Fri 27-Sep-13 12:48:30

I have the asda ones too, very happy with them

Rikalaily Fri 27-Sep-13 12:50:55

Best one's I've had were from a site that sells everything for a fiver. Fleece lined and have buttock support in them too grin

rednellie Fri 27-Sep-13 15:12:01

Blimey Rikalaily, where the hell did you get those? Think they might be a bit too warm for me! I need something that'll double as dance leggings (so pretty hardcore) and also for slinging on with a big jumper/dress.

Interesting about the Sainsbury's leggings fit. I really wouldn't like baggy ankles.

Rikalaily Fri 27-Sep-13 15:52:14

rednellie Here they are, they have other ones one there too but these ones are fab. They are not really thick but would be too warm to heavy exercise unless outdoors in cool weather.

www.everything5pounds.com/extra-thick-leggings-p-4691.html

rednellie Fri 27-Sep-13 16:11:03

ooooh, I like the shape of those too. Fleece lining...hmm, tempting. Thank you!

GobblersKnob Fri 27-Sep-13 16:40:13

Primark have fleece lined footless tights that are completely non-see through and lovely and comfy £3.50. Again wouldn't exercise in them though.

They also have velour plush lined ones shock they are gorgeous and amazingly soft inside, but I can't imagine you could wear them anywhere indoors they look so toasty.

I am a performance student and my go to, do everythin, leggings are from BDG, I have about 6 pairs, but Urban Outfitters UK don't seem to have the plain ones this year.

Rikalaily Fri 27-Sep-13 17:37:12

rednellie I'm blaming you, went on the site for the link and ended up ordering some stuff, lol. Here's another bargain fiver site for anyone interested, haven't used this one yet but plan to try it soon www.justfor5pounds.com/

BookFairy Fri 27-Sep-13 18:47:34

Oh fab I was just looking for new leggings! Rikalaily those websites look addictive grin

rednellie Fri 27-Sep-13 19:47:01

Ha ha, I'm not taking any blame for any shopping going on.

So many options - maybe I need several pairs to do a thorough comparison.

LamaDrama Fri 27-Sep-13 19:50:26

Topshop are good £18

IceCreamForCrow Fri 27-Sep-13 19:52:43

I saw a woman yesterday with v see through leggings on. Her pants were spotty patterned.

Rikalaily Fri 27-Sep-13 20:16:59

I have a pair of thick tights that I wear under any leggings that I think might go see through when bending etc. No-one see's my spotty knicks, lol.

Yep the fiver site is very addictive and the clothes are pretty alright quality for a fiver (everything I've ordered has been way nicer than primark), the shoes and cardigans etc I've ordered are brill!

If it weren't for those site I wouldn't have clothes, I rarely buy myself anything and prefer to spend it on the kids but don't feel guilty ordering from there because it's so cheap.

Charlie213 Mon 30-Sep-13 22:33:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Charlie213 Mon 30-Sep-13 22:34:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mummyoftheyear Tue 01-Oct-13 00:45:05

Select ones are great

For leggings, Boden - mine are all fine and have had them 1-3 years each I think.

For something thicker, I really rate Uniqlo legging trousers. They're my current love. Only 15 quid and perfect for slinging on with an oversized jumper. Can wear them 2 days running without saggy knees. In fact I have just ordered another two pairs!

Please can people stop posting those £5 sites. I've just been through everything and spent £40, which is the same price I've just paid for a jumper from a clothes party I've been to tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now