Please can somebody suggest some jeans that might work for me, boring i know but I'm desperate

(18 Posts)
thewhitequeen Tue 24-Sep-13 21:17:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgathaF Tue 24-Sep-13 21:24:13

Have you tried Red Herring?

SorrelForbes Tue 24-Sep-13 21:26:35

Gap High Rise Skinnies - fantastic jeans.

I'm a 10/12 and wear a 28 in Gap jeans so you may want to try a 26.

mysticminstrel Tue 24-Sep-13 21:31:42

these changed my life. But they were only £60 when I bought them off Amazon last week confused

thewhitequeen Tue 24-Sep-13 21:42:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goodasitgets Wed 25-Sep-13 22:35:03

M&S 5 pocket jeggings (ignore the name, they have a zip/button fly)
They seem to suck everything in grin
If you're stuck with sizes then go for the ones that seem tight as they do give

Rattitude Wed 25-Sep-13 22:54:39

I have got the Gap high rise skinnies but they became baggy on my bottom after only one day's wear, so not a great buy in my opinion.

I recently bought the sculpt and lift M&S jeans (straight leg and in black) and I have found them great, so much so that I have ordered another pair. I got the 10 Long. I am typically a size 10 at M&S for trousers.

It is worth trying them on if you get the chance. They also sell a sculpt and lift skinny model.

SorrelForbes Wed 25-Sep-13 23:31:44

Hmmm my Gap HRS never go baggy. Do you use fabric condito

IWillOnlyEatBeans Thu 26-Sep-13 11:06:04

Dorothy Perkins Baileys fit my post-DS2 body really well. They are skinny without being indecent (like the Next jeggings I tried on!) and have not gone baggy anywhere. They don't fall down constantly like the annoying slim leg jeans I got from Next. I have them in indigo and grey!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 26-Sep-13 11:10:17

Levi's Curve ID. They come in different styles/rises and thigh/hip/bum/waist ratios so you should get a pretty good fit.

gallopinghorse Thu 26-Sep-13 11:15:07

I bought two pairs of George wonder fit jeans, they are very comfy and fit really nicely

Rattitude Thu 26-Sep-13 18:35:14

Sorrel, yes, I do use fabric conditioner but I actually wore the Gap jeans without having first washed them and on the second day, they had become baggy. It is possible that I bought too big a size... I am not sure.

AgathaF Thu 26-Sep-13 18:52:55

Does using fabric conditioner make jeans go baggy? I always use it. Some I find go baggy quickly, other not at all.

Marylou2 Thu 26-Sep-13 18:59:05

Uniqlo extra skinnies are fab. No bagging, no muffin top.I could cry when I think of the money I wasted on expensive jeans before I found them. Only tiny issue is the length, I'm 5'8 and have to shorten them but that's no bother.

LilyBossom Thu 26-Sep-13 19:04:10

I have the George at Asda bum and tum jeans and they are amazing,enough stretch but feel lovely and snug, high waisted and don't sag at all, and only £14 atm too.

Choccyjules Thu 26-Sep-13 20:22:39

I was recommended Not Your Daughter's Jeans post-baby and still get them (the bootcut ones). Cut for women who have given birth. Not cheap (or rather not what I usually pay!) From John Lewis.

SorrelForbes Thu 26-Sep-13 20:54:53

I find that Gap jeans come up really big. I always cram myself into the smallest size possible knowing that they will give (enough to allowing breathing and sitting!).

DoBatsEatCats Thu 26-Sep-13 20:58:47

Salsa jeans are good. Uniqlo also excellent and much cheaper than Salsa, and in London shops they will shorten them for you (on the day you buy them!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now