Come recommend your brilliant moisturiser for very dry sensitive skin!

(41 Posts)
wiltingfast Mon 23-Sep-13 17:51:34

Winter is coming and I need to up the stakes. Skin is fair and sensitive and almost 40 grin. Currently using trilogy rose hip oil (which I love) but I'm not that enamoured of the flanker moisturisers. So other suggestions VERY welcome!

TIA

nomorebooze Tue 24-Sep-13 11:35:00

http://www.philosophyskincare.co.uk/extra-rich-moisturiser-for-normal-to-dry-skin/hope-in-a-jar-dry-sensitive,default,pd.html

had this once as well amazing cream for dry sensitive skin!

MillionPramMiles Tue 24-Sep-13 12:49:32

I use Cliniques dramatically different moisturising lotion as a day cream and add Dr Haushka's rose day cream on very dry patches.
I use Aveeno for body but didn't find it rich enough for my face.
I tend to get eczema but none of the above have caused break outs.

Housewife2010 Tue 24-Sep-13 16:29:16

I have very dry skin with the occasional eczema breakouts. I swear by Avene Tolerance Extreme cream. It is for very sensitive skin, has only about 7 ingredients & I love it. When I need something richer I use an oil beneath it or mixed with it. I like AD Synergy Nourishing Night Treatment best (I use it in the daytime too).

DrinaDancesInParis Tue 24-Sep-13 18:09:21

Lush Celestial is fab. My skin is a hysterical drama queen and it calms it right down.

MrsMeow Tue 24-Sep-13 18:24:27

La Roche Posay Baume B5. It's amazing, has transformed my face!

LRP - Hydraphase, Toleriane and Cicaplast.

purple15 Tue 24-Sep-13 20:08:57

zincwantscake I second ~Aqueous cream and E45

I down graded when times were hard from Liz Earle, I still use the Muslin Cloth with the aqueous cream and the cost is minimal.

And I have extremely sensitive skin.

ygritte Tue 24-Sep-13 21:26:34

I use A Derma Epitheliale when my skin is very dry in patches and then when it's ok I'll use Avene day cream.

ygritte Tue 24-Sep-13 21:27:29

I use A Derma Epitheliale when my skin is very dry in patches and then when it's ok I'll use Avene day cream.

dottypyjamas Tue 24-Sep-13 21:30:01

I have rubbish skin which is the bane of my life!(v dry and eczema-y) and on my face I use nivea soft - about 5quid for a big tub in boots (cheaper in savers etc) it doesn't irritate my skin at all and is really refreshing and moisturising.

For body I use a load of emollients which are prescribed inc cetraben for all over but have also used cetaphil as recommended upthread and that's really good.

wiltingfast Wed 25-Sep-13 22:36:03

Thank you everybody! Have managed to snaffle some LRP samples so will be trying those first. Will keep begging!

Thanks again!

valiumredhead Thu 26-Sep-13 07:54:19

People really shouldn't use aqueous cream as a moisturiser, it was never designed as one, it was designed as a soap substitute and actually contains irritants. The excema society doesn't recommend it at all as a moisturiser.

perfectstorm Thu 26-Sep-13 17:06:48

Yeah, I had this problem with my GP practice - kept insisting I used it on my 2 year old with eczema, fgs! That'd help the poor bean. hmm

Avene is great for body but it wasn't moisturising enough for my face. I've tried a lot of things but Lancome's Hydra-Zen (the kind for extremely dry skin - they sell two varieties I think) is the only one that's always worked perfectly.

Hope one of these work for you, OP.

jamaisjedors Thu 26-Sep-13 17:28:16

I didn't get on with any of the oats stuff (Aveno/A Derma) but my dermatolgist recommended Eucerin Aquaporin Rich:

www.boots.com/en/Eucerin-AQUAporin-ACTIVE-Moisturising-Cream-Rich-40ml_1040169/

On the other hand, their day cream with SPF can burn my skin (super sensitive).

Really, it's great, try it, I have used nothing else for about 3 years, other moisturisers always end up irritating my skin after a few weeks but not this one.

dimsum123 Thu 26-Sep-13 21:03:08

I use Cetraben on prescription. Very moisturising soothing and non irritating. I have very dry skin and eczema so have to be very careful with what i use.

wiltingfast Thu 26-Sep-13 21:44:35

Have snaffled more samples today. I'm bound to find something among all the recommendations. Thanks a million.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now