What do you use to take off eye makeup?

(49 Posts)
Lottapianos Sun 22-Sep-13 17:41:28

I use oil to clean my face but it never manages to shift all of my mascara or eyeliner. I would like to try a new product that is gentle and won't sting my eyes or be too harsh on my skin.

Thanks for recommendations

Karbea Sun 22-Sep-13 17:44:27

I use this by bliss or bioderma crealine. Not sure I'd buy the bioderma again as I find simple pretty much the same.

PrincessFlirtyPants Sun 22-Sep-13 17:48:20

Boots own brand baby wipes... blush

Madlizzy Sun 22-Sep-13 17:50:28

Boots Botanics All Bright eye make up remover. It was recommended to me on here and it shifts Mac liquid eyeliner, which is no mean feat.

DontCallMeDaughter Sun 22-Sep-13 17:50:47

Usually my pillow.

picnicbasketcase Sun 22-Sep-13 17:55:23

Superdrug own brand eye make up remover. It's very cheap and works really well, plus doesn't make your eyes sting.

Gatineau Floricil

(Bought from QVC)

BellaVita Sun 22-Sep-13 17:58:06

Lancôme Bio Facil

Sucksoutthejoy Sun 22-Sep-13 17:59:59

Vaseline! Rub on with finger and off with cotton wool. Removes all traces of eye makeup, gentle to skin and eyes and keeps eyelashes in great condition.

BonaDea Sun 22-Sep-13 18:02:24

Simple facial wipes.

Sensitive baby wipes. Joining PrincessFlirtyPants in blush

Oh well, been doing it nightly for nearly two decades and my eyes haven't fallen off yet. grin

frankietwospots Sun 22-Sep-13 18:04:18

Simple face wipes too.

TallulahBetty Sun 22-Sep-13 18:04:24

"My Skin" orange and blossom (??) make up remover. Designed for teenage skin so lovely and mild.

PrincessFlirtyPants Sun 22-Sep-13 18:18:22

CakeExpectations if I use anything else on my skin, even a different brand of baby wipes my skin breaks out like a pubescent teenager blush

Waitrose Pure eye make up remover - £1.99
or Boots Essentials Blue eye make up remover approx £1.50
Both are very gentle and the Waitrose one doesn't sting ever.

Vichy blue eye make up remover. It's the dogs bollocks and even cuts through waterproof mascara like it's nothing. I don't normally buy anything from their range but this stuff is great.

Baby wipes or soap and water

rachyconks Sun 22-Sep-13 18:24:52

Sephora eye make up remover. Hard to get, but amazing stuff!

KatoPotato Sun 22-Sep-13 18:26:24

I use Clinique 'take the day off' it's a shake to mix formula and shifts everything!!

Lottapianos Sun 22-Sep-13 18:35:54

Wow, thanks so much for all the recommendations! Loving the budget ideas like Vaseline and Superdrug eye make up remover smile

elportodelgato Sun 22-Sep-13 18:42:55

Baby oil on cotton wool pads - brilliant

BinksToEnlightenment Sun 22-Sep-13 18:55:50

Very gentle soap and water. I know people naturally freak out at the thought of soap, but makeup comes off so much easier with it. I find that I have to really scrub with anything else, and the pressure irritates my skin. Soap you can rub in lightly and it rarely needs more than two rounds to get everything off.

Aloe vera vegetable soap is the best.

FlyLikeABird Sun 22-Sep-13 18:56:21

I use baby oil or coconut oil but also had great results with the green Garnier fresh essentials remover. Oil cheaper though!

Notfootball Sun 22-Sep-13 20:10:55

Coconut oil for me too, no panda eyes in the morning either.

Baby wipes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now