Please tell me your opinions on Benefit They're Real mascara

(52 Posts)
foolssilver Sun 22-Sep-13 10:55:58

Thinking of buying it but after a lot of money wasted on mascara purchases I need your advice.

Thanks

CountBapula Tue 24-Sep-13 22:07:01

I got given a sample of YSL Babydoll when I bought the Touche Eclat foundation and it's fab. No clumps, just really natural-looking lengthening effect.

Still using the sample blush but a bit gutted that I've fallen in love with a £20+ mascara hmm

sleepdodger Tue 24-Sep-13 22:02:32

Btw mine comes off no problem with cleanser when I wash my face!

sleepdodger Tue 24-Sep-13 22:01:24

As someone with dodgy sensitive eyelashes I alternate mascara anyway buying new ever other one
I like benefit one- I bought it after trying a freebie with glamour magazine etc
More than mac shock who are usually my fail safe
About same as Clinique
About same as an Avon one I got free with Marie Claire!!
Much better than maybelline too

I will buy it again!

BaconAndAvocado Tue 24-Sep-13 21:55:47

I personally don't like it. It makes my lashes look too spidery and is soooo hard to get off.

I prefer No7 Extreme Volume. Lashes thick and luscious, bank statement the same sort of

SorrelForbes Tue 24-Sep-13 21:29:40

Was very underwhelmed by the Benefit mascara. Too sticky, as was the Dior Iconic.

Recently I've tried the Max Factor Clump Defy which was nice but didn't do much in the way of lengthening or thickening.

I've just bought the YSL Babydoll and so far so good. However, I think I'm going to go back to my previous favourite, Givenchy Phenomeneyes.

AgathaF Tue 24-Sep-13 21:26:19

I bought the small version in Boots a couple of weeks ago. Not impressed. No better than my Clinique one for coverage, made my eyes itch like an itchy thing, and took ages to remove.

Snog Tue 24-Sep-13 21:08:42

i rate the benefit mascara but dont rate dior iconic at all

Emo76 Mon 23-Sep-13 20:23:19

I have it and like it but L'Oreal telescopic as good and half the price

Iatemyskinnyperson Mon 23-Sep-13 18:53:25

Hate it. Weird spider leg lashes

Much prefer max factor false lash effect or clump defy are both excellent. Bourgeois curling one is good too- black tube/metallic purple top.

kiriwawa Mon 23-Sep-13 17:28:41

oh how weird MrsDanvers! It's the only mascara I've ever worn that doesn't give me panda eyes. Just shows that what works for one person, doesn't work for another.

ArtDecoGirly Mon 23-Sep-13 16:16:09

I got it and was not impressed. Didn't make me think "Wow, my eyelashes are fabby!" when I looked in the mirror, and is awful to remove. I much prefer YSL Faux Cils False Lash Effect

LulaPalooza Mon 23-Sep-13 15:38:48

I agree with those who say it is a pain to remove. Literally. made my eyes sting like hell.

I always go back to L'Oreal Telescopic.

MrsRebeccaDanvers Mon 23-Sep-13 14:49:44

I find that EL Doublewear smudges really easily om me. Also agree that Theyre Real takes days to get off

Thought it was awful - really fake and spidery looking.

But still haven't found anything to happily replace my favourite discontinued Estee Lauder Luscious Creme.

[sad face]

kiriwawa Mon 23-Sep-13 10:36:13

It's okay but the BEST mascara in the world for absolute budgeproofness is Estee Lauder Doublewear.

It's the only mascara that never ever smudges

IceCreamForCrow Mon 23-Sep-13 10:32:35

Re Max Factor Masterpiece - which one?confused

The 'Max' one in the black tube or the one in the gold?

mrspaddy Mon 23-Sep-13 07:07:46

I was really disappointed... Dried up in tube, no.. Not or me.. Back to cheapies... Nex time maybe ysl.

KittieCat Mon 23-Sep-13 07:03:55

Diorshow is amazing. I've tried loads of mascaras as DH gets lots of samples through work.

It's by far the best for me.

beachyhead Mon 23-Sep-13 07:03:51

Love it, wearing it now and every day

Deathbyladybirds Mon 23-Sep-13 06:58:58

Not keen.

FoxyHarlow123 Mon 23-Sep-13 06:56:34

Not a fan.

SunnyUpNorth Sun 22-Sep-13 21:36:06

I really didn't like it either and it is supposed to be budge proof but was halfway down my face within minutes.

I recently recommended a revlon one I tried, can't remember the name at the mo but will check later.

I also second the Clinique one mentioned above. I used it for years and would buy it again but just tried the revlon one when it was on special. I don't like the wand with the Clinique one so usually use one I saved and washed from a High Impact mascara by Clinique too.

wrenster Sun 22-Sep-13 21:01:52

Would definitely not buy it again. It smudged very easily and a fair bit of it was down my face by lunchtime. A good mascara for the evening but that's all. A waste of money IMO.

GatoradeMeBitch Sun 22-Sep-13 17:34:48

Max Factor 1000 calorie is old reliable, can't really go wrong with it!

I love Lancome, except for Hypnose - Defencils is excellent.

GatoradeMeBitch Sun 22-Sep-13 17:32:30

I kept sticking it in my eye. I hate plastic brushes sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now