Does your make up last all day ?

(31 Posts)
cannotfuckingbelievethis Sat 21-Sep-13 21:56:39

And do you have oily skin ? If so, please share your secrets...I'm 39 with some wrinkles but still get the odd spot and have an oily t zone (I'm gorjusss!) and my make up is just looking blaaaahhhh lately.

Fed up spending a bloody fortune on primers, oil free long lasting foundations and powders only to look like shite by dinner time...What am I doing wrong ?

cannotfuckingbelievethis Tue 24-Sep-13 16:49:21

FeetUp - It's a bugger isn't it...when I consider I'm pushing 40 I think I should be using anti-age stuff but the only oil free moisturisers I can find are aimed at much younger folk !

Unfortunately BM doesn't work for me for some reason. I felt as though it showed up every single line on my face (there are some but not as many as there was with this foundation !) But it's great when you find something that works for you isn't it ! I have a few friends that use it and I am envious as their skin looks great.

wools Tue 24-Sep-13 16:52:12

Try the bare minerals matt. The original powder doesn't work for me either - I look like I've really aged and it's too shiny. The matt doesn't look like you're wearing any make up but it makes the skin look great.

Bumblequeen Tue 24-Sep-13 18:14:02

I wear Mac Studio Fix foundation powder. It gives me good coverage and lasts all day. It only costs £21. I also wear concealer around my eyes.

I used to wear primer which was recommended by a friend but could not justify the £15 each month when I hardly saw the difference.

Do you touch your face alot during the day?

cannotfuckingbelievethis Tue 24-Sep-13 22:18:00

I try not to touch my face Bumble. I just think I have exceptionally oily skin especially around my chin. To give you an idea, I get up in the morning before the kids and get my slap on around 6.30-7.00. When we're in the car on the school run (so around 8.30) my chin can look like an oil slick. The milk of magnesia seemed to help again today so I'll give it a shot for a wee bit longer and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions here though, I've got lots to have a look at.

Hunfriend Sat 28-Sep-13 13:56:31

I use Bioderma Sebio miccelare water as a toner .
It reduces the amount of sebum produced but doesn't cause blackheads, clogging etc.

Its fairly cheap on Amazon and lasts ages (500ml bottle)- I usually buy 2 at a time.
I use Estee Lauder double wear, the powder foundation.
I got complemented on my beautiful skin several times since I started the Bioderma-am ancient grin

freerangeeggs Sat 28-Sep-13 14:28:31

I was using Estee Lauder Doublewear Light, which was better than my previous foundation, but after trying a sample I'm switching to Diorskin Forever. It has a much nicer texture and a more natural finish.

I tried the urban decay de-slick spray and didn't find much difference tbh, I was really disappointed as it gets such rave reviews.

I use a Simple oil-balancing moisturiser and I notice the difference when I don't use that. I also use differin and antibiotics, which I get on prescription.

Blotting paper is good for during the day. You can buy it in the Body Shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now