nurses with wide feet, what shoes do you wear?

(23 Posts)
ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 18:18:39

not S & N I know but meh!

don't want fitflop or crocs
need to be black

Foot glove wider fitting from M&S. black leather slip on plain flat with cushioned sole.

Not stylish but comfortable and compliant with uniform policy!

fusspot66 Sat 21-Sep-13 18:56:15

Ecco or Clarks or rieker will cost more but better value long term Clarks 20% off online with order to store and try it first

MrsMeow Sat 21-Sep-13 18:59:42

Me and a lot of the nurse I know wear these Clarks Unstructured.

Bloody ugly as shoes go, but so so comfy. I'm on only my second pair since 2008 too so they last despite all the work!

MrsMeow Sat 21-Sep-13 19:00:14

*nurses

jellyfl00d Sat 21-Sep-13 19:03:41

Try camper or Joseph seibel, not cheap but eBay have some good deals

Orangeanddemons Sat 21-Sep-13 19:08:22

Dare say it...Hotter. I'm a teacher so also on feet all day, I love love shoes, and avoid frumpy type shoes at all cost, but bought the most fashionable ones I could find. They are the most comfortable things I have ever ever worn, knock the rest into a cocked hat. They are not all hideous...well actually most of them are, but if you look for the odd nice pair you might be suprised

Mondaybaby Sat 21-Sep-13 19:15:13

I've got an ugly pair of shoe fitflops with orthotic soles in. Very comfy and to be honest I don't care that they look ugly because I can't walk far in 'normal' shoes.

IDugUpADiamond Sat 21-Sep-13 20:19:30

Camper? They are a very narrow fit!

ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 21:50:04

Are reiker ,ecco and J seibel wide fitting then?

PennySillin Sat 21-Sep-13 21:52:00

I'm currently wearing Hush Puppies but I do struggle to get comfy shoes.

ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 21:56:57

fugly but look comfy

ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 22:08:11

will try the clarks ones on tomorrow - hope they're wide enough for my spades

Those Clarks ones are D fitting!
I usually war something like this in a EEE.

fusspot66 Sat 21-Sep-13 22:54:47

Sorry I wasn't around to say yes, wide and deep. Hotter are British made and v like ecco. If you're on your feet all day you want good shock absorbing soles and a strap or lace up to keep them on whilst allowing your toes to wiggle a bit.
Frump disclaimer... I'm a Podiatrist!

ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 23:46:03

yes I'm not hopeful about the clarks d fitting ones but will give them a try
sauvignon- those evans ones are the ones I am replacing , the soles are falling off!! I want better quality ones.

ggirl Sat 21-Sep-13 23:46:48

reiker and seibel -where can I try these on??

feelthis Sat 21-Sep-13 23:56:08

I find Clarks are never wide enough and are expensive for what you get I reclon- M&S wide fit are much better for me and are much more reasonably priced. Joseph Seibel shoes were in my local Costco this week - so if you have a card might be worth popping in for a look.

Gabor are often good and do a wider fit but are ££

ggirl Sun 22-Sep-13 17:58:00

Thanks everyone - ended up getting the clarks unstructured ones in half size bigger . They are very comfortable and feel very supportive.
Found the m&s ones too narrow and no costco card.

ggirl Thu 26-Sep-13 20:15:59

mrsmeow update to thank you ..those clarks unstructured are so amazingly comfortable and supportive I can't believe I haven't discovered them sooner...thank you !

KosherBacon Thu 26-Sep-13 20:30:38

M&S footglove.

MrsMeow Sun 29-Sep-13 10:32:11

No problem ggirl smile they're like slippers aren't they? I did a bank shift on a ward a few days ago and every single female staff member inc me was wearing them! Think nurses must keep Clarks in business...

susiedaisy Sun 29-Sep-13 10:51:36

Same as MrsMeow. Lovely comfy shoes. Bit pricey but lasts ages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now