Omg. Bare minerals I love u

(16 Posts)
valiumredhead Fri 20-Sep-13 13:54:40

The BEST primer I've found and I've tried tons if lanacane anti chaff gel -don't laugh-same ingredients as smash box one which is megga bucks.

valiumredhead Fri 20-Sep-13 13:51:26

Their brushes are vile and shed hair everywhere. I use a real techniques brush from boots, works much better.

valiumredhead Fri 20-Sep-13 13:50:31

Now you know your colour you can buy out on Ebay as it's only a tenner! skinflint

kiwik Fri 20-Sep-13 03:24:47

I use the original with a Laura Mercier primer underneath. (I don't like a matte look.)
I do like the product, but my issue is with the horrid brush - mine shed hairs and I had to check my face really carefully after applying to ensure I didn't go out looking like a yeti. I changed to a Bobbi Brown brush, which is much better for applying, and for not leaving me with a hairy face.

Scarletohello Thu 19-Sep-13 22:23:10

I got some but was too matt for me. Not sure if I'm applying it properly, is there a trick to it..?

rusmum Thu 19-Sep-13 21:55:50

What primer would u recommend? Feel the need tinted the Matt now

I bought a BM kit from QVC about six months ago.

It does take a bit of getting used to the technique.
I've got a small Mineral Veil and a concealer - I used the conceleaer on my teen DS when he had a nasty spot. Covered it nicely and blended without the claggy orange that you can get with some cream concealers.

I haven't had a chance to try the lipgloss (DD took this) or the Primer (DD was in a school play and needed make-up so I let her use this)

I love the way my skin feels protected (I'll wear it more in winter I think)

Snatchoo Thu 19-Sep-13 21:51:12

I do love it but it's not a quick and easy option I don't think!

I also didn't like the primer.

FadBook Thu 19-Sep-13 21:43:33

I've used it for about 3 years and love it.

The primer is also good too.

FeetUpUntilChristmas Thu 19-Sep-13 21:36:08

Bare Minerals is awesome smile
I've used it for years and it takes me no longer that a traditional foundation.

Newjobthankgod Thu 19-Sep-13 21:35:34

omg I LOVE bare minerals

AmethystMoon Thu 19-Sep-13 21:25:57

Another bare minerals matte fan here. Used this now for two years and not been tempted by anything else, 'tis damn near perfect! I love it smile

rusmum Thu 19-Sep-13 21:19:43

Will try the matt in summer I think wine

bec0901 Thu 19-Sep-13 18:39:45

It does look nice and light, but can be a hassle to take the time to do it with a young toddler!

wools Thu 19-Sep-13 18:32:31

Yes I love bare minerals matte. The original doesn't work on me - too shiney. I love that it gives me a no make up look. Today I put on boots botanics bb cream and it looked awful on me - back to bare minerals tomorrow.

rusmum Thu 19-Sep-13 18:01:03

I have used Estée
Aided double wear for years but feel it looks too full on me as I age sad, so in debenhams I wondered looking for a change. I had a make over in the bare minerals stand and bought the starter kit. Ate a week I am in love. My skin looks natural but all the bits I need covered are covered. And my skin seems to have improved too. envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

Any one else feeling the love?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now