Best moisturiser for legs

(23 Posts)

I have dry legs. They also have raised hair follicles and are blotchy. My knees are flakey and my ankles dry. I do exfoliate but it doesn't seem to do much.
Attractive huh. Any suggestions for a good moisturiser that can help me sort them out over this winter please.
Tia

YellowbelliedSapsucker Thu 19-Sep-13 16:45:32

I get really dry legs too and love Aveeno daily moisturising lotion (unscented).

bunnymother Thu 19-Sep-13 16:55:03

Do you use moisturising shower cream or, even better, oil? Also, Kiehls Creme de Corps is meant to be amazing. But it's so expensive, I won't buy it. I heard the Palmolive aloe Vera one is terrific. And I just bought the Sanctuary 12 hour (I think) cream. I really like Sanctuary.

bunnymother Thu 19-Sep-13 16:55:48

Sorry, not oil. Shower oil. You can get them at L'Occitane (lovely almond oil one) and Sanctuary do one.

Plumpcious Thu 19-Sep-13 17:07:39

Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion (the one with the blue label) which I think is stronger than the Daily Moisturising Lotion. I tried Aveeno after seeing it recommended on this board and have become a devotee - it's really good on dry skin. The usual retail price is around £5.50 but it's regularly on offer so a trawl around Boots/Superdrug/supermarket means I rarely have to buy it at full price.

I have really dry legs and I like the Boots Extracts Honey Body Butter. I find it nice and thick but it absorbs well and doesn't leave me itchy and bumpy.

agirlcalledsandoz Thu 19-Sep-13 17:13:57

Nivea Soft ! I had the same problem and it cleared them up,

aliciaflorrick Thu 19-Sep-13 17:22:11

I've tried loads and the best one I've used was a £4 pot of Nivea body lotion from Lidl, legs were silky soft and smooth after that.

I was so impressed that I bought a tin of Nivea blue crème moisturiser for my face and I have to say that my face feels lovely. Hydrated all day, it looks all plump and glowing, I can't believe it.

So after years of spending hundreds if not thousands on expensive moisturisers I think I'm going to stick with the Nivea for a while.

aliciaflorrick Thu 19-Sep-13 17:22:51

X post with agirl and she got the name of it too.

happinessisfree Thu 19-Sep-13 17:25:10

I really like palmers cocoa butter and try body brushing it really helps before a shower 3-4 times a week.

Thanks
I'm going to try the aveeno blue one and the Nivea soft. Is it the intensive soft?

Which Nivea this or this
Please

IslaValargeone Thu 19-Sep-13 17:37:47

I bought some cheap almond oil which I have slathered on at night and my legs have still been hydrated in the morning which is unheard of for me. legs like a lizard

And plumpcious
Is it this one please?

MrsHowardRoark Thu 19-Sep-13 17:41:49

Kiehl's Creme de Corps is pretty expensive but it lasts for ages and really works.

I had terribly dry skin when I was pregnant and this completely cleared it up.

evertonmint Thu 19-Sep-13 17:44:13

I've been using the Neutrogena one for dry skin which has been very good. Just bought some Jergens as it really cheap, £2 something - have heard good things about it too.

I wear cheap exfoliating gloves (£1 from Tesco) to put on my shower gel when I wash in the shower which also seem to help get rid of the flakey bits.

aliciaflorrick Thu 19-Sep-13 17:51:15

The Nivea is the first one you linked to it the round tub.

MissHC Thu 19-Sep-13 17:53:10

Another vote for Nivea Soft. It's fantastic. I use it for my legs and arms.

Norfolknway Thu 19-Sep-13 18:04:17

Aveeno cream definitely. It sorts my scaly pins out grin

YellowbelliedSapsucker Thu 19-Sep-13 18:28:46

The Kiehls is not all that - because I'm allergic to it, boooo. It made me all scaly!

ArtDecoGirly Thu 19-Sep-13 19:01:44

One word: Nivea

Well I have the Nivea
I will report back smile

Plumpcious Fri 20-Sep-13 16:15:43

OP: yes that looks like the right Aveeno (although a better deal than I've ever seen - I'm off to Tesco!).

This is what they look like on Boots' website: www.boots.com/en/Aveeno/Aveeno-Skin-Relief/

Blue label and contains shea butter. I've only seen the 200ml tube but that Tesco price is offering the 300ml version for cheaper than the usual 'on offer' price of the 200ml.

Just a warning about the smell: it contain oat extracts so might remind you of the smell of porridge when you're applying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now