Craving warmth....anyone seen a cosy jumper?

(24 Posts)
Medal Wed 18-Sep-13 10:23:59

Ideally something v-neck, lambswool, and longish, and definitely warm! Just stocked up on thermal tops now I need some jumpers to wear on top.

nipersvest Wed 18-Sep-13 10:47:28

not sure about online, but have you tried tk maxx, they usually have quite an extensive knitwear section, i've got a few jumpers and cardigans from there.

scotswoman Wed 18-Sep-13 10:50:21

I saw this in m&s the other day. There were two that were really similar, one was a bit longer but I think it was crew neck

practicality Wed 18-Sep-13 11:25:09

here

I am wearing this today. It isn't bulky but warm and a good length. covers he camel toe Surprisingly not scratchy either for lambswool. I walked the dog yesterday morning for 1.30hrs and it kept the chill out. It obviously isn't a v-neck but it is a nice wide scoop so not restrictive around the throat. When funds allow I will get a couple of others as I can see this being very useful.

Medal Wed 18-Sep-13 11:31:37

Thank you all - and practicality, I love that jumper! I feel an order coming on smile

practicality I bought that jumper based on your post here. It's arrived today and is fab! Thanks so much. Might get another colour as can see I'll wear it a lot.

Ujjayi Sat 21-Sep-13 12:27:22

Was about to suggest TK Maxx - I buy most of my merino and lambswool there. Have a look online if you can't face trawling through the rails.

Love that jumper Practicality......I have one a similar shape to that but it is a silk/linen mix so not particularly cosy.....am also feel an order coming on <<elbows Medal out of the way>>

Medal Mon 23-Sep-13 12:16:43

My Woolovers casual moss stitch jumper came today, I got it in navy. It is a roomy fit but I like it and like the unusual stitching, also very warm with a longsleeved top underneath.

Thanks practicality. Would recommend it Ujjayi smile

TheWombat Mon 23-Sep-13 12:19:20

Celtic sheepskin! I think they are called Celtic and Co now - here. Great quality but a bit pricey...

tywysogesgymraeg Mon 23-Sep-13 12:21:47

I'm looking for something similar to the jumpers you have all posted, but in red. Red doesn't seem to be this season's colour sad Any ideas peeps?

NigelMolesworth Mon 23-Sep-13 12:25:20

Oooh Medal I like that jumper. What's the sizing like? I am normally either a 10 or a 12 so fall right between the two sizes.

Medal Mon 23-Sep-13 12:29:59

Nigel it is a generous fit. I am a 10 and I have got the S, I would say the S would be ok for you too? Unless you think you want it oversized in which case get the M. I'm no help am I!

MrsWolowitz Mon 23-Sep-13 12:32:20

I'm very tempted with that Woolovers one.

I like the sage cour.

Is it itchy?

Medal Mon 23-Sep-13 12:38:18

No, it is not really itchy just a bit rough feeling if you know what I mean. I have very sensitive skin and I wouldn't wear it alone without anything underneath though.

NigelMolesworth Mon 23-Sep-13 12:45:47

Thanks. S it is then. Now to decide on the colour...

Yes, definitely size S. I'm 8-10 and it's roomy. It's definitely not the softest wool I've ever felt, but I would never wear wool without a l/s top underneath anyway.

Wearing mine today and just love it to bits. Trying to resist getting another one in navy but keep picturing how nice it would look with my dark blue slim-leg jeans hmm and it's low stock. Hmm.

frankietwospots Mon 23-Sep-13 14:22:02

Love that Woolovers moss stitch jumper! Use code NCFAL to bring the price down to £22. Also 10% cashback on Quidco. Placing order now...

Thanks so much *frankietwospots", that code did it for me grin

Navy ordered!

Medal Mon 23-Sep-13 14:58:27

Bitchy what colour did you get initially?

Grey. It's very very nice smile

I also quite like the sage green but not sure it's me. Cream / white are definitely not me. Grey and navy are very much me!

MrsMcGregor Mon 23-Sep-13 16:48:35

I like that Woolovers jumper ladies. What's the sizing like? If I'm a 10 will the small (8-10) be okay or does it need to be sized up? Not sure about colours - thinking of Sage for a change but what colours to layer underneath?

MrsMcGregor Mon 23-Sep-13 16:50:19

Oops - have just seen the earlier posts about sizing - small it is. I see the sage is on a 2 week wait for small and medium.

practicality Mon 23-Sep-13 22:18:29

Yay! Glad you have found it a gem too smile

I have washed mine a couple of times now and it has softened up and has stayed true to size.

I wish they would do it in wine, black, blueberry and emerald green as the cream and green aren't really good shades on me.

Grey for me next x

Yes, would love some of the colours you've listed envy

Good to know it's washed well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now