Parka

(90 Posts)
SprinkleLiberally Mon 16-Sep-13 20:03:55

Can you help? I'd love a new parka this year. Bum covering. Maybe blue, grey, black or dark green. Ideally at least showerproof and with an actual waist. I see people in ones I like but have scoured the internet and not really happened upon one. Do any of you have such a thing? Thanks

spookyskeleton Fri 20-Sep-13 11:52:03

Sparepants - what is the length like on the H&M one? I ordered it a couple of days ago and waiting for it to be delivered. I am 5ft 8 so need a longer coat.

I do like the Target one though and it says it is longer length so I am v tempted.

To whoever asked about work, I just wear one coat for everything smile mainly because I do the school run on the way to work anyway and secondly my coat gets hung up as soon as I get to the office so it really doesn't matter.

OK, I am NOT getting the Target one wink

Choice between the Charlotte one (thanks for the link) and ASOS. Votes? Nice pair of Poetry grey jeans, shearling boots, and me 'Autumn in Cheshire' look is complete grin.

wrigglebum Fri 20-Sep-13 18:00:51

Just got my Target Dry one. Sizing is quite generous but it's not massively padded, so it's good to have room to put extra layers on when it's cold. It's a really nice length on me too (5ft6).

mizu Fri 20-Sep-13 18:43:14

sparepants have you got the H&M one in blue? I have been into our local store and they have only got the green one.

On line they say the blue one is available 21-25 October!!!!!!!!

I want it NOW grin

babster Sat 21-Sep-13 12:26:39

I bought the Target Dry one in Beetroot Red (just to be different). It's more pink than red and has an awful mustard lining. Have just sent it back to exchange for the blue...

Ujjayi Sat 21-Sep-13 12:31:15

Uri and ZenWarriorPrincess - which colour of the Monki parka did you go for?

I ordered it in black but began dithering about the orange being better.....ASOS was sold out so I am now waiting for the orange one to be delivered direct from Monki so I can compare. Agree the sizing is generous but in a good way and the hood is lovely and cosy.

spookyskeleton Sat 21-Sep-13 18:32:46

Babster - aaah have ordered the red parka...don't mind that it is more pink but the lining does sound awful sad hate returning stuff aswell <sigh>

Fairylea Sat 21-Sep-13 18:39:16

I have ordered this one today... m.hm.com/gb/product/08350?article=08350-A#mediaType=FASHION_FRONT

25% off too with discount code on front of website.

It looks nice .. hope it's warm!

I had a green one from boo hoo last year, that was lovely smile

ZenWarrierPrincess Sat 21-Sep-13 20:27:14

Ujjayl I ordered it in Orange first - colour was ok kind of a tan/orange and DH said it suited me but DD said it looked weird on me! I've reordered it in the Khaki in the XS just to be safe. It's coming Monday (have a horrible feeling it's going to be too small...) Good you can compare the colours.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 21-Sep-13 22:54:48

I'm sending the Target one back. The red is a horrible colour and the fitting made my boobs look massive. It might be ok for standing at the busstop on dark mornings but, as well as that, I need something that will take me to the pub or that I won't be ashamed of wearing infront of my friends. So, it's a no from me.

LimeLeaafLizard Sat 21-Sep-13 23:06:46

My Target Dry one arrived - in blue. I like the colour. Overall I'm happy with it. Had a long mental debate with myself this morning about whether to keep it and decided yes.

It feels very light but I wore it this evening and it was quite warm so I guess it will be useful in all but the coldest weather.

I would wear it in front of my friends... on the school run at any rate!

Lighthousekeeping Sat 21-Sep-13 23:09:55

I'm going to New York for the weekend and really wanted to wear it there I just don't think it's the look I'm going for!

werenotreallyhere Sun 22-Sep-13 09:10:39

I decided to go for Target Dry in the end, came yesterday and they sent me a too big size, I checked the paperwork to make sure it wasn't my fault but no, it was their end. Just waiting for them to get back to me on how to return as I don't really think I should have to pay postage. Oh well.....I also saw the H&M one in the store that day in my size and blue, maybe it was a sign and I should have just bought it

LimeLeaafLizard Mon 23-Sep-13 09:59:34

Lighthouse - yes I can see what you mean about New York. It would be fine for a weekend in Cornwall or the Peak District but maybe NY calls for something a bit slicker.

I'm so glad I got the blue one, seeing as several people don't like the red.

spookyskeleton Mon 23-Sep-13 11:50:45

Got my red one today, it is definitely more pink than red hmm Anyway, I like it and it fits well so I am going to keep it. Did everyone else get a bag of Haribo aswell?? grin

My white stuff one arrived. It is fab smile

CheeseAndFriedMushrooms Mon 23-Sep-13 19:59:41

I have the Oasis Issy parka in navy and its fab. Wearing it at the moment without the lining but its quite toasty with the lining on. Sorry cant link as on iPad ��

Allthingspretty Mon 23-Sep-13 20:17:47

Dorothy perkins have them as do Primark

JohnSnowsTie Mon 23-Sep-13 20:24:06

I'm hoping to get this Fat Face one.

Layl77 Mon 23-Sep-13 20:36:16

I've been looking for one where the fur doesn't look too cheap plastic and is longer. I like asos one but sainsburys one is actually lovely and I usually hate their stuff! Worth a look

ThisIsMeNow Mon 23-Sep-13 20:42:26

Lay, is the sainsburys one in navy? Any idea how much?

bobbyboboo Mon 23-Sep-13 21:32:09

Yes I got the Haribos too with my target dry coat! Very strange!

Imwoodword Mon 23-Sep-13 21:47:28

I also got Haribos, although DS snaffled them away pretty quick.

spookyskeleton Mon 23-Sep-13 22:00:15

i thought the Haribos were a nice, if bizarre, touch! I opened the parcel whilst the DC were at school so the sweets were all mine grin but they were the Tangtastic ones which are not my fave!

northwestendgirls Mon 23-Sep-13 22:12:05

Love the White Stuff one but it's sold out in blue now sadly.

I have included Haribos with eBay parcels sometimes as someone else did it for me and I liked it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now