Parka

(90 Posts)
SprinkleLiberally Mon 16-Sep-13 20:03:55

Can you help? I'd love a new parka this year. Bum covering. Maybe blue, grey, black or dark green. Ideally at least showerproof and with an actual waist. I see people in ones I like but have scoured the internet and not really happened upon one. Do any of you have such a thing? Thanks

wrigglebum Wed 18-Sep-13 23:00:47

Ooh, just ordered that Target Dry one, couldn't resist at that price! If it's a keeper I'll be very pleased- it's £160 cheaper than one I was considering the other day!

I ordered a 12 so I hope it doesn't come up too large- I'd like room for a jumper or fleece underneath for really chilly days but I don't want it absolutely massive.

Lighthousekeeping Wed 18-Sep-13 23:07:50

I need a coat for New York in November. Is Timberland cheaper there?

UriGeller Wed 18-Sep-13 23:54:49

Does anyone have this one? I really like it but need to know, Is it warm?
ASOS

Imwoodword Thu 19-Sep-13 08:07:51

Target parka - I'm an 8-10 and got a 10 and its roomy enough for a jumper but not huge. I'm a 32FF and its fine.

Quenelle Thu 19-Sep-13 08:53:08

I love that asos one Uri. I'd like to know how waterproof it is too.

disguiseme Thu 19-Sep-13 11:08:31

Possibly being really dim here but I can't see the code box for putting in the discount code for the target dry coat?

mizu Thu 19-Sep-13 11:18:31

Looking for a parka too, saw a nice (and cheap one) in Sainsbos but that H and M one is the one for me.

ZenWarrierPrincess Thu 19-Sep-13 11:21:28

Uri I recently ordered the ASOS one, but had to return it for an exchange as the fit was really big. I'm a 12 in coats so ordered the S size which says it's 10-12 but it was really big. Coat was lovely and warm, though, with a big hood which actually covered my head! (Sometimes they sit half way). And it had drawstrings in the middle and at the bottom. No idea if waterproof yet as waiting for exchange to arrive but it looked like it would be ok??

zen am v keen on the ASOS one. I'm a 12 on top, and short (5'3") - do you think I should get the XS then?

Disguise me it's on the last page before you checkout, where you enter card details etc, right at the top. Any luck?

Fwiw I'm a 10 sometimes 12 bottom and find the 10 roomy enough to layer but not massive either, and the waist ties are useful.

mumonaptamission Thu 19-Sep-13 16:42:44

Princerogers will you report back when it arrives about how it is for a shorty? I don't want to spend half its value on alterations.

Worried they will sell out soon just on the back of all this MN interest!

UriGeller Thu 19-Sep-13 17:37:24

Aaah, thanks zen you're a star.
I'm a 10-12 but I really like the way it looks oversized. Thanks for letting me know its warm, I'm going to go for it. Bring on the weather! grin

Ordered this one in Navy with 20% off. It's pissing down here so I hope it hurries up
www.whitestuff.com/mobile/woodland-parka-prod406521_navy/

ZenWarrierPrincess Thu 19-Sep-13 18:14:55

Stinking I'm 5'7" the S was big on the shoulders and arms on me - like i was wearing DH's coat. The drawstrings helped a bit but sizing more like a 14. I'm a 10/12 on top with no boobs sad And I generally get coats in a 12 so I can get layers on underneath if needed. The front came down to mid-thigh and a bit longer on the back. It's free delivery and free returns though so it's easy (and free!) to try it on.

ZenWarrierPrincess Thu 19-Sep-13 18:19:29

Uri sure the cold weather will be here very soon! Good luck with the coat smile

ZenWarrierPrincess Thu 19-Sep-13 18:20:43

Sorry for the double posts blush

GobblersKnob Thu 19-Sep-13 18:25:41

I was going to get the asos Monki one, but the fact that it was 100% polyester in and out put me off, too sweaty. I think it is meant to be hugely oversized though, the model is teeny and the coat is ginormous. Very oversized is very in with the kids atm grin

mumtosp Thu 19-Sep-13 20:25:30

I'm also on the hunt for a parka and came across these in Warehouse

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/faux-fur-hooded-button-parka/coats-&-jackets/warehouse/fcp-product/4212990110

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/detachable-faux-fur-parka/coats-&-jackets/warehouse/fcp-product/4212990328

Question: would you wear these to work or get something more formal like a coat... I really don't want to spend on a parka and a coat sad

twinsagogo Thu 19-Sep-13 20:46:35

i've got one of these. not lined or anything but roomy. got a drawstring waist. it's in sale
www.charlotteandco.co.uk/fishtail-parka-with-hood-and-fur-trim

LimeLeaafLizard Thu 19-Sep-13 22:42:11

I decided to go for the Target dry one, thanks to MN. Very satisfying entering the discount code!

SprinkleLiberally Fri 20-Sep-13 06:48:49

That last one looks good actually. Will go to h and m this weekend and if not will order Target Dry or Charlotte one. Target Dry may become ubiquitous. ..

disguiseme Fri 20-Sep-13 09:20:46

Ah thank you I found it! I was clicking on Paypal checkout which bypasses the discount code part.

bunnymother Fri 20-Sep-13 10:24:20

Hmm, anyone seen a down coat that is also waterproof and also looks good? I just bought the Zara down filled one that's £109. Looks good and is down filled. But not waterproof. Do you think I could spray it w waterproof spray? I wish I had bought the Barbour Arctic Down coat last year when it was still down filled. Cynical me does not believe poly can be as warm as down.

I have a North Face which is down filled and waterproof but the lining is poly and not esp warm. Neither does it look particularly good.

CMMM Fri 20-Sep-13 11:25:59

Personally I always size up as I am a cold person and need to be able to fit bulky jumpers under coats. I have just ordered with the discount code so thanks so much for all the tips.

Lighthousekeeping Fri 20-Sep-13 11:40:29

I've just bought the Target one. We will all end up wearing it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now