If you are 5'9" size 8-10....

(36 Posts)

Where do you get your jeans and what coat are you wearing this year! I have AN HOUR to shop next Friday, I usually wear Topshop Baxter jeans but find they gape at the back.

Haven't had a winter coat for two years

Oh, and I'm 30

mirai Fri 20-Sep-13 05:14:33

I don't know about clothes but could you all share your diet and exercise routines with me please? smile

I'm 5"8 and size 8. Ive got jeans from Zara and Oasis, both a great length. Miss selfridge do them by length too.

My coat is a black belted Barbour. Sooo warm I love it!

Im afraid my diet and exercise regime is...nothing grin but then with two small children I dont get much time to eat and im alwayd running after them!

TiredyCustards Fri 20-Sep-13 08:10:57

I'm 5'8.5" and M+s 5 pocket jeggings fit perfectly on my legs in a size 8, but do need a belt

impty Fri 20-Sep-13 08:11:32

5'9" and 8-10
I often buy premium jeans, but have got Levi i-ds in the last year, one skinny and one straight leg pair and they're great. I've found them on offer though so have only paid abiut £40 on them.

Coats... again I tend to buy expensive and have a few so I can rotate iykwim. But my warmest coat is a down filled Barbour gold label, and I will be wearing it this year for the 3rd winter....

LeGavrOrf Fri 20-Sep-13 08:15:18

French Connection and ted baker for coats.

Jeans from French Vonnection as well, mind you I don't really need anything more than 34 inch as despite being taller than you most of my height is in my torso and I have relatively short legs for my height.

I really recommend Jack Wills jeans, fantastic quality for the price, I have a pair which are 6 years old and they still look brand new. Can't recommend them enough.

WheresItTo Fri 20-Sep-13 13:56:19

See I just can't get my shoulders into either Barbour or French Connection coats, and the sleeves are a couple of inches too short sad. Shame as there was a gorgeous navy blue wool coat in FC last year... May be I just have extremely broad shoulders and gorilla-like arms! grin

And I agree with the M&S jeggings recommendation! Really soft and comfy, too.

MaryDownton Fri 20-Sep-13 14:29:04

5'10" daughter has just tried Tall range from Next for Jeans. Only seems available online at the mo' but fits perfectly and she is really pleased!

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Fri 20-Sep-13 14:31:35

I get all my tall stuff from Next.

This is my winter coat this year - the sleeves are crazy long, I love it.

notyummy Fri 20-Sep-13 14:33:40

Probably too late but I am 5 ft 9 (and a half!) 10 on bottom mostly and 8ish on top. I have bought jeans in Zara- their coated skinnies are great and they have them back in. I also got a fab grey coat in there last week that was plenty long enough. Also, I have recently bought 2/3 pairs of Diesel skinnies- great cut and plenty long enough in the leg. Bit more expensive than some others on high street but worth it in my opinion.

Newrowsees Fri 20-Sep-13 20:12:51

5'11" size 8/10 here - I find Gap's long trouser lengths work well. And Zara's come up super long too. I still need a proper coat though. Have a down filled one from Zara but I think the proportions are a bit off - the waist & pockets are higher than I'd like.

WheresItTo Sun 22-Sep-13 10:37:01

Just discovered that Very do a tall range. Not sure what the quality is like but the prices are very good, so might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now