I need some 'proper' boots.

(32 Posts)
flootshoot Sun 15-Sep-13 17:28:48

I favour the knee high, biker boot style. I walk everywhere and up till now have managed with cheapish ones. Now however I have a five mile round trip to DS's school, plus our new house has a lot more country walks. Can anyone recommend some decent boots that will last, and still look reasonably nice? I'm a size 3 with a wide fitting and my budget is probably around £100 which I appreciate might be a stretch!

Ta.

EarlyIntheMorning Mon 16-Sep-13 14:39:14

BOOM will give you 20% off Clarks today
Just saying

PrimalLass Mon 16-Sep-13 16:25:19
AnythingNotEverything Mon 16-Sep-13 16:26:09

I'm wearing the DM boots I mentioned today, and around my calf they are 46cm, with an elastic panel which could expand further. I think they're called "Haley".

I love 'em.

BetsyBell Mon 16-Sep-13 16:35:53

I got some El Naturalista boots in January - they are proper leather with really decent soles and warm lining - I'm on my feet all day and outdoors in all weathers. Mine are ankle boots but they do other types. The ones I got are now £120 but bought them on sale on Amazon for less than £60. I keep looking out for their shoes on sale as I'd definitely buy more from their range when discounted.

Mir- yes I like the m&s ones they are loose enough you could wear skinny jeans but at the same time not too wide so not welly like.

I walk the girls to school and they haven't rubbed or caused blisters. My feet are wide but not wide enough for wide fit. I seem to be in between a standard fit and wide and these are ok. A little snug but not tight at all.

BetsyBell Mon 16-Sep-13 16:40:59

These are the El Naturalista ones I've got - nice and roomy for wide feet and in better nick after months of wear than any other boots I've ever had.

£135 though!!! As I say, I got them on sale in January for £57. Bargain smile

flootshoot Tue 17-Sep-13 11:29:28

I'm quite taken with the Dr Marten boots. I've found them cheaper from somewhere called 'treds' via eBay, but I'm wondering if they may be fake? Are there DM fakes about, does anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now