What's been your best pair of leggings?

(86 Posts)
ElBombero Sat 14-Sep-13 11:38:34

I used to swear by river island but last 2 pairs have not lasted (holes in between the legs). Willing to spend extra if they last n not bag etc...

I bought the sainsbos luxury ones last week and definitely the best leggings ever, thick but stretchy and smooth and keep their shape

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sun 02-Feb-14 17:21:04

someone on a different thread posted about a site called everything £5.00 which sold nice leggings, i bought a pair and they are slightly fleecy lined so warm and soft,thick and nice for £5 got an amazing hat at the same time smile

Beckitastic123 Sat 01-Feb-14 22:17:42

Asda 2 for £10 leggings, best I've ever bought , really nice fit, very comfy and very cosy for sleeping in

Alwayscheerful Wed 13-Nov-13 19:28:00

Plenty of Tu luxury ones available at sainsburys but only black in stock at my local store, they are available in standard and long too.

mrspremise Wed 13-Nov-13 18:50:22

Rogers+Rogers from Matalan. Good length and decent thick fabric that doesn't immediately wear through at the thighs

lemonbiscuit Wed 13-Nov-13 18:08:57

boden ones I bought last year have been brilliant! Not see through and don't go baggy.

I bought a pair of the Sainsburys £10 ones a couple of weeks back. They had black, a grey/blue and a sage green.
But limited sizes.

When I compared them to the 2 for a tenner ones I could really feel the difference.

I am currantly sporting M&S stretchy 'needlecord' leggings (and very nice they are too) smile

CMP69 Spain Wed 13-Nov-13 17:45:25

Sainsbo's seem to have stopped making the lux ones can nly find the 2 for a tenner crap ones! even on interweb
I luffed my leggings sad

Vikki88 Wed 13-Nov-13 14:03:46

Topshop easily! Especially the black heavy leggings they do. They're perfect for winter, thick, not see-through at all (so no embarrassing moments!) and so comfortable! Can wear them with anything.

hollowhallows Wed 13-Nov-13 13:50:35

Also M&S here. One pair was given to me about 5 years ago and worn at least 3 days a week for two years straight. Now they are worn in but can still be worn outdoors though mostly worn at home. Best pair i have ever owned.

I have some uniqlo heatech for winter that i mostly wear like thermals under my jeans. Cant feel even a tiny bit of cold when worn this way and they aren't bulky at all.

eurochick Wed 13-Nov-13 13:49:05

My best pair is from warehouse. I've had them for years - no bobbling or splitting. The colour is starting to fade very slightly now, after many, many washes. I wonder if they still sell them?

peachypips Wed 13-Nov-13 13:43:01

Is that Tina Turner?

Rosencrantz Wed 13-Nov-13 13:38:25

I bought a sparkly pair from Zara. I know by best you meant best quality. These rant great quality.

But they're the best because they make me so happy!

Alwayscheerful Wed 13-Nov-13 13:36:47

The £10 luxury ones from sainsburys are fab but I can only find them in black, do they sell them in navy blue?

Thants Sun 27-Oct-13 11:52:12

Matalam leggings have been really good for me. Wash well and don't get holes to easy! They are nice and long and cheap too!

rosariok Sun 27-Oct-13 10:15:18

Danskin supplex leggings... the best.

Sainsburys have to 2 for £10 ones (which are not so good....well ok they split open up my bum and DD laughed herself sick at my pants showing .blush Luckily, I was in the garden )

The good ones (£10) are few and far between.

I'm wearing M&S at the moment. I got black and navy, really like them.
And the denimy 'ski pant' style.
And the 'famous 5 pocket jeggings'

ElBombero Fri 18-Oct-13 23:36:07

Been to 3 different sainsburys now n not found any luxury ones in stock sad

magentastardust Fri 18-Oct-13 23:13:49

Tu at Sainsbury's -thick waistband and keep shape and don't go shiney!

I found the M&S Cotton Rich leggings to be very poor quality. They looked great on, and I loved the thick waist band, but they got holes in between the legs within a couple of weeks! My cheapo Primark and Matalan ones I've had for years! I'm going to try a different type of M&S legging next, because I really did like that thick waistband...

ElBombero Wed 16-Oct-13 16:00:36

BTW sweaty Betty ones looked great, really thick and stretcy but £65 shock

ElBombero Wed 16-Oct-13 15:59:47

Been Trafford centre n got American apparel so will give those a try. Not sure if I got winter ones though, they just feel normal...

teta Wed 16-Oct-13 14:43:14

Monsoon secret support leggings .Feel really nice on and hold in tummy(unlike the horrible ones that M&S did).

White Stuff leggings are really nice quality, not cheap but worth it. I also have taken to wearing woolly tights instead of leggings (assuming I am wearing a long enough dress etc over them ahem...

bunnymother Wed 16-Oct-13 13:33:40

I find the American Apparel ones v nice and thick. Especially their winter ones which I might need to buy for wearing w wellies when I am trudging about after the DCs through the garden in middle of winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now