Thinking about wearing this Boden dress to a christening...shoes? Hair?

(25 Posts)

HAs it come yet? What did you think?

polyhymnia Sat 21-Sep-13 21:38:00

Have ordered it in sapphire (purple doesn't really suit me). Looks good.
Let's hope it copes with my very ample bust!

polyhymnia Sat 21-Sep-13 20:30:30

Thanks. Will check it out. The necklace was lovely btw .

Clerkenwell. It would look very good on you because you're taller than me aren't you? I was surprised at how well it fitted over the bust too.

polyhymnia Sat 21-Sep-13 15:02:08

Which dress is it, OP - the Clerkenwell or Claudia? Always on the lookout for Boden dresses that work in 22 and I can't get the link to open!

Just to update - went for the coolest berry shoes. In a wide fitting they were very comfy. The heel is a bit higher than I usually wear BUT is nice and stable and the strap is helpful keeping the foot in the shoe so I reckon they'll be fine - and they are very pretty.

The dress is fab and you will be able to wear it over and over.
Have a similar one in navy and I really want the shoes now too, dammit grin

You're all so helpful, thank you. I think Boden shoes come up narrow don't they? I've a much better idea now of what to look for and it's nice you like the dress.

Chottie Sat 14-Sep-13 02:51:06

The dress is lovely and the necklace will be perfect with it.

I would not have a radical hair cut change, a bob style framing your face with a bit of bounce look great.

Congratulations on being a godmother and have a wonderful day.

MrsCocoa Fri 13-Sep-13 22:17:40

Just spotted this which may be a warm and toasty addition
www.johnlewis.com/collection-by-john-lewis-peony-wool-scarf-grey-pink/p465123

fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:34:25

The platform ones are really comfy, might be worth a try x

invicta Fri 13-Sep-13 21:28:25

The wine patent ones look good

That's really helpful - I think I need to suck it up and make something with a heel work. It's just prettier. grin

fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:26:48
fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:24:22
fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:15:13

I like the coolest berry ones. The others are a bit high. Thanks smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:11:20

[[http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352260 these?{]

fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:10:10

Ooh patent. Hadn't thought of patent. My dad would never buy them when I was a child so I never look at them........thanks for replying smile

fififolle Fri 13-Sep-13 20:58:23

The dress looks lovely, necklace sounds beautiful. I'd stick with bob length hair- it'll be bouncy too. Shoes wise, black patent? Cross strap Mary Jane style would be good. I'll have a look on some sites.

Woe is me, nobody cares, I'll just go and eat worms......

here
in fig. I have a truly fabulous family heirloom neclace to wear which is pearl, amethyst and peridots. I need a new haircut - currently just touching my shoulders and looking limp and boring. Should I try very short or sort of bob style? Also what kind of shoes/boots would you wear?

Now the challenging bits:

I'm size 22 and 5 ft 3. The dress is sort of knee length so there's precious little leg on show. My feet are WIDE (Hish) and I can't really do heels. Can do modest block things but thats it.

Oh and I'm a godparent so need to look you know - smartish. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now