Outfit for a winter wedding

(12 Posts)
Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 09:45:03

I'm struggling as to what to wear to a family winter wedding. I was hoping to wear something I own already but realised I only have outfits for a summer wedding or evening dresses (which are so old!). I wouldn't be so bothered but DP is best man & DC's are bridesmaids so I can't just fade into the background! I think it's going to be quite glam & stylish (not words I'd use to describe me!)

I feel the cold easily so don't want to be wearing anything too skimpy! I'm petite so length is often a problem. I have dark colouring. Any ideas or steer me to the right kind of (not too expensive) shop?

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 09:46:15

is it a church do? and how tall are you? <flexes google-fingers>

Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 09:52:09

Yes, a church do. Very traditional. Lots of guests. I'm 5ft 2, size 8/10. I've never worn a hat but like the idea of something fancy in my hair!

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 09:56:04

I tried this on in my local store, I am the same frame and size as you and it looked stunning

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 09:57:15

this is pricier but really gorgeous and long sleeved

Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 09:59:21

Wow! I LOVE that dress & they have my size left. I may have to purchase. How was the length on you? Sometimes it can be a bit too long.

May I add what a fantastic personal shopper you are?!

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 10:02:23

why thank you grin it was just below the knee on me, so v flattering. Wear it with high heels and maybe a faux fur stole? It really is the most stunning dress, the picture doesn't do it justice. this is what it looks like on. yes, I did send it to DH to plead with him

Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 10:04:03

Bridesmaids are in green so the other one may not be appropriate. What did you wear over the blue dress to keep warm? They have a blue shrug for sale too... Or just wear with black jacket?

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 10:06:46

is this the one you mean? if so it'll go really well.

Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 10:07:28

It's lovely! Adore the colour. The website says free returns so I'm not losing anything if it's not right. I also have some nice black heels...

This could be fate! Thank you!

VeeAndTea Fri 13-Sep-13 10:11:15

Always a pleasure grin I love shopping for other people. We have a wedding on the 22nd December and was going to get this, but I don't know what colours they have picked out. Winter weddings are hard to dress for.

Bellini12 Fri 13-Sep-13 13:26:04

It was actually a different blue bolero with 3/4 sleeves, it may be too much blue on blue but I have a store near me so I can take it back with no bother if it's not right.

I don't have a lot of weddings to go to (all our mates are married now) but this is a biggie!

I've ordered the dress, it's now sold out so I must have got the last one! Fingers crossed it fits ok (I have narrow shoulders so hope the straps won't fall down). Can't wait to try it on.

Thanks again thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now