A "Rain Hat" ??

(21 Posts)

toptack woo hoo, I got the flowery Barbour one from John Lewis, thanks everyone smilesmilesmile

Allthingspretty Sat 14-Sep-13 12:23:55

Vivienne westwood fi a pvc one last year

SquidgyMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 21:16:37
Toptack Fri 13-Sep-13 21:12:43

Is anything here passable: http://www.johnlewis.com/women/women's-hats/rain=hattype-womenshats-1245/c600002242

MortifiedAdams Fri 13-Sep-13 21:08:57

Someone please find me one!!!

Tweet2tweet Fri 13-Sep-13 19:40:36

This is the rain hat I wish I'd bought from Anthropologie. They are now sold out and I've never seen again. No help I know, but wanted to share my regret wink

HitTheNorth Fri 13-Sep-13 18:38:21

A rain hood! That's what they're called. Problem solved grin

LolaLadybird Fri 13-Sep-13 18:38:01

I was going to suggest one of the leather cowboy style hats which, on further research, are the same as the stockman hats suggested above. I have one and go through phases with it (not sure whether I like it or not) but Kate Middleton has been snapped wearing one so must be ok no?

PrincessKildare Fri 13-Sep-13 18:22:54

My sister got a crackng one at her local saddlry.
its like a cowboy hat.

IslaValargeone Fri 13-Sep-13 18:21:05

What about the Barbour Stockman hats?

wrigglebum Fri 13-Sep-13 18:18:23

Ooh, bet you can. In fact, I'm sure I've seen some in a shop recently (local cheapie homewares store). All the old ladies used to have them when I was little. Very practical grin.

HitTheNorth Fri 13-Sep-13 18:14:47

What about one of those transparent plastic head scarves that fold up into a little pouch? Can you still get those? <gets coat and leaves S & B forever>

wrigglebum Fri 13-Sep-13 18:08:20

I might take a chance with this. At least it's fairly cheap if it's awful.

I'm just so fed up of living in a shapeless raincoat I don't care if the hat is a bit grundy.

WowOoo Fri 13-Sep-13 11:45:45

I have a black patent one from H and M. It probably does make me look like I'm 80, but at least I'm hands free.

Might be worth looking there?

Boopear Fri 13-Sep-13 11:43:06

Tilley hat? Link

missmartha Fri 13-Sep-13 11:41:41

Barbour do rain hats. They come in all sorts of colours too.

Not exactly elegant, but they'll keep your head good and dry.

None on lands end, hopeful bump smile

BloooCowWonders Thu 12-Sep-13 22:14:07

Try Lands End. They always have something, but you might have to search quite hard to avoid the granny look

wrigglebum Thu 12-Sep-13 22:09:40

Following.

I was considering trying to treat my cotton coat to make it showerproof but without a hat I'll get soaked hair. I've got a proper mac for real rain but I wanted something more stylish for day to day.

I've bought a fabulous coat for school run type days and made a huge mistake because it doesn't have a hood shockshockshock

I have 3 under 5 so still holding hands, putting up pram etc and the 2nd week back on school run have been soaked most days as can't hold a brolly whilst doing all the above grin

Anyone got/seen a hat that will help keep me dry without making me look like I'm 90 Even of that's how I feel most of the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now