Wellies for fat calves

(23 Posts)
GingerPCatt Thu 12-Sep-13 09:50:52

Can anyone recommend wellies that would fit over my giant calves? Ideally I like a pair that I could tuck my trousers into so I don't have to roll then up like a goober.

I have given up on wellies, but heartily recommend the [http://www.cottontraders.com/highland-waterproof-boot/invt/aq11079 waterproof boots]] or [http://www.cottontraders.com/faux-fur-lined-boots/invt/aq10502 these]] both from that not at all well known fashionable retailer Cotton Traders.

Yes, you may be wearing the same things as a 75 year old woman who wears 'slacks' but your feet will be toasty warm and dry!

anchovies Thu 12-Sep-13 09:59:25

Ive got giant calves (dh calls me Mark Cavendish grin) and the adjustable hunter ones fit perfectly.

oh for gods sake.

these

or these

PrimalLass Thu 12-Sep-13 10:19:28

I have short men's Hunters. They seem to be the old style rather than the new ones made in China, so are better quality and very comfy.

www.hunter-boot.com/original-mens-short

BuggedByJake Thu 12-Sep-13 10:23:20

I have large calves & wear Hunter. I've got the kids ones which are less expensive. I think the adult Hunter wellies actually have a wider fitting style too.

coveredinweetabix Thu 12-Sep-13 23:04:07

Millets wellies fit me. Hunters are far too narrow. Millers had a range of (twee) styles as well as plain green and were £25 although they regularly have 50% off

BettyBottersBetterButter Thu 12-Sep-13 23:05:39

I'm a size 16 14 and Hunters are wearable but tight on me.

TeamSouthfields Thu 12-Sep-13 23:07:01

Put 'wide calf wellies' into amazon...

I got the 'dunlop' wide calf wellies..

There my first ever pair of wellies as i could never find any b4...

InvaderZim Thu 12-Sep-13 23:12:36

I got a pair of the mid-height Muck Boots and they're great! Wish I hadn't ordered them a size too big hmm but they'd still fit if I had the correct size too.

FreddieRocks Fri 13-Sep-13 02:41:32

They're not cheap but my Le Chameau wellies have done me 6 winters of doing horses every day and are still the warmest, comfiest things I own. Plus they go over my little short fat calves.

ceres Fri 13-Sep-13 07:30:02

aigle parcours vario.

extremely comfortable with adjustable bit for wider calves.

Asda do shorter wellies. I'm a 14 but have large calves and these are loose like wellies should be can easily tuck trousers in and wear thick socks. My sister who is a size 26 can wear them too. They finish just before the widest part of the calf so are still good for muddy walks Tec.

Joules sell one's that are no higher than an ankle boot but you couldn't tuck trousers into them you'd have to tuck them into socks.

Rainbowshine Fri 13-Sep-13 07:35:43

I just buy men's wellies and wear thick socks! I got fed up of trying to find women's wellies that fit me blush

missmartha Fri 13-Sep-13 08:26:27

I'm not chunky of calf, but am a lover of the ankle wellie.

You can get them in a range of prices from £110 for Isle Jacobsen to Tesco at £10.

Lidle had pretty good ones last week and they were only £6.50.

missmartha Fri 13-Sep-13 08:29:31

Ilse Jacobsen mini wellies www.atterleyroad.com/rubber-boots.html, obviously not the £110 ones but close.

Good wells though.

sophiedaal Fri 13-Sep-13 08:43:53

I have a pair of men's neoprene Le Chameau boots with a zip. Not cheap but really well made and so comfy - the zip seems to make all the difference, esp when it comes to getting them off after a muddy walk. The nice man in the shop said that, actually, quite a lot of their female customers went for men's boots, to make room for jeans, socks, etc.

cressetmama Fri 13-Sep-13 09:17:29

The lace-up Ilse Jacobsen are very accommodating to the larger of calf, come in some good colours (or they used to) and are quite elegant enough for anything you might want to do in town or country. Apparently the editor of Vogue has them in grey!!

I loved mine, but found after three years, that the treat wore shallow and they became unsuitable for rough terrain.

Ujjayi Fri 13-Sep-13 09:19:56

I am...ahem..."athletic" of calf hmm and the Hunter neoprene type is a good fit. I can still tuck in my jeans with comfort and the neoprene lining makes them cosy & warm.

link to the asda ones. direct.asda.com/george/womens-wellies/D1M1G20C20S9,default,sc.html mine re till going strong after a year od use. I walk the dogs twice daily and spend every winter weekend watching the children play sport in muddy fields. mine are black with white spots though.

Yonihadtoask Fri 13-Sep-13 10:22:43

I bought men's dunlop wellies last year. Fit really well, can even tuck my jeans in.

£10 from local shoe shop. Bargain

duckyfuzz Fri 13-Sep-13 10:25:51

town and country wells are great for chubby calves

PixieBumbles Fri 13-Sep-13 13:28:50

I have huge calves. I mean really massive. I have these

For the first time since I was a child I can tuck my jeans into my wellies. This makes me ridiculously happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now