Nivea trumps Creme de la mer!

(79 Posts)
SundaySimmons Thu 12-Sep-13 08:30:09

Ok, this is just one persons experience

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2418153/Claire-used-1-Nivea-cream-half-face--105-Cr-la-Mer-The-results-VERY-revealing.html

I have used creme de la mer. Didnt repurchase as I didn't notice any difference. I was gifted two La Prairie creams which cost hundreds, they didnt do anything either.

I am pushing 50, over the years I haven't found any difference between a cheap or expensive moisturiser. I do like to try new ones and like a moisturiser that feels nice to use.

Not used Nivea for years but remember buying Ponds in my twenties and daubing it on in a thick layer for fifteen minutes before I applied make up and went out and my skin was perfect.

May have to try Nivea again.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 20-Sep-13 07:42:23

My mil used Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference for years and has amazing skin but she also stayed out of the sun and didn't smoke ( or drink). Think she has moved on to Chanel creams now.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 20-Sep-13 07:45:06

Fuckit what product has 2% retinol in ot pleases.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 20-Sep-13 16:31:01

Programme on Irish television last night did a scientific experiment on 4 moisturising creams. Under a £5- Lidl, under a £10 Nivea ( probably Q10 judging by box) a Dermalogica one under £50 and one over £50.
The Nivea one came out on top. The scientist did say the best for moistue locking though, is petroleum jelly ( Vaseline) !!!

Eliza22 Fri 20-Sep-13 19:15:02

Well, I've gone back to my Roc Rollerball (£5.99 in Savers). The laRochePosay went back to Boots. It made me itch something fearful. Boots took one look at my face and did a full refund. Good old Boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now