DVF wrap dresses... Are they worth the £££;s?

(34 Posts)
tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:31:20

Just that really. One's taken my fancy and DP says he'll buy me one for my birthday if I really want one. Do I? Are they worth the money?

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:36:52

I did NOT put a semicolon in the title shock the horror shock

Guntie Tue 10-Sep-13 22:38:40

Yes. 1000 times yes.

libertychick Tue 10-Sep-13 22:40:04

No idea!! But I have a hankering for one too - this one.

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:40:16

Really Guntie? Do you have one?

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:42:49

That's nice, liberty.

I like this one.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:46:02

Hmm. Willowy I'm not.

reggiebean Tue 10-Sep-13 22:46:18

Yes tethersend I bought one for Valentine's Day last year, and now I can't even think about wearing another dress. It makes such a difference, the quality, the cut, how long it lasts... Is honestly so worth the money. They are my favourite dresses in the world.

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:49:12

Are you willowy, reggie?

What's the sizing like? Does it come up big or small?

I've been wondering this too. I was quite shocked at the price. But I do need some new smartish outfits for social events with dh's new job, and I think a wrap dress would fit the bill. Can anyone recommend a slightly cheaper alternative? (sorry, didn't mean to hijack!).

libertychick Tue 10-Sep-13 22:51:34

Have a look at the video on dailyconnoisseur.blogspot.co.uk/ this blog Tethers - she models a DVF wrap dress as one of her 10 item wardrobe.

reggiebean Tue 10-Sep-13 22:51:40

Ha! Nope, not willowy in any way, shape, or form. Size 14, 5' 10" if that gives you an idea. Fits perfectly true to size.

Nuzzle Honestly, I spent months looking, but there really is nothing like the way her dresses fit. If you can afford it, there really is nothing comparable.

PrincessFlirtyPants Tue 10-Sep-13 22:53:01

My best friend works there and gets circa 60% discount. I'm so glad she's moved on from other companies that I did not want discount in grin

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 22:55:05

Princess, she's now my best friend too grin

Thanks reggie, might have to ask Father Christmas! Anyone know what the fit is like? I'm very petite. It looks quite short on one of those links, but I'm thinking that's on a giraffe-like model.

pongping Tue 10-Sep-13 23:15:50

I am developing a hankering for one of these.

Liberty, love the one you linked to. Amazing colour.

If you're comfortable in a wrap dress then yes, DVF is great, if you're not, then...I, unfortunately was rather more comfortable with the idea of them than the reality (bought three of the things before I admitted it though blush ).

I've got a couple of her non-wrap dresses and they are truly brilliant. Also more versatile than the wrap as you don't end up fighting with the skirt in the slightest puff of wind.

tethersend Tue 10-Sep-13 23:27:00

I've a couple of wrap dresses which fit well, so not worried about that so much... It's the graphic 70s style prints which have seduced me.

I really like this one too, but I can't find it anywhere...

tethersend Wed 11-Sep-13 11:03:54

So, the consensus is that they are worth the extortionate amount of money...?

<hopeful>

reggiebean Wed 11-Sep-13 11:40:43

Yes, definitely worth it!

LunaticFringe I certainly don't feel slim, but thanks grin

Housewife2010 Thu 12-Sep-13 16:15:46

Keep an eye on www.theoutnet.com - they sometimes have them reduced.

noddyholder Thu 12-Sep-13 16:21:17

If slim they can look good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now