So I have that Whistles tube skirt you told me to buy... what goes with it?

(21 Posts)
yourcruisedirector Mon 23-Sep-13 15:27:42

The Boden trousers (the full length version) are completely perfect. Thank you grin

yourcruisedirector Wed 18-Sep-13 10:28:23

I know, I'm sad about them, they are my ideal trouser in my head but looked terrible. I play hockey so have a lot of thigh muscle and trousers are tricky!

Shame re the WC trousers - I have mine on today.

yourcruisedirector Tue 17-Sep-13 16:42:57

if you get the chance to link tiredy I'll be grateful forever - I'm rubbish at shopping!

gilly thanks - I can't afford to order two pairs while I'm waiting for the White Company refund, I've just moved house and this is a terrible time for me to need a new wardrobe smile

TiredyCustards Tue 17-Sep-13 15:26:01

I'd wear that skirt with a swing vest + blazer, or a loing sleeved swing top, or a boat or crew neck oversized jumper/sweatshirt.

Tights + ballet shoes or flat Chelsea boots.

Sorry I can't link as I'm on my phone, but asos has all that stuff!

Gillybobs Tue 17-Sep-13 15:19:26

Order both and return what's necessary, MCES gives 20pc off, free delivery and returns

yourcruisedirector Tue 17-Sep-13 13:26:15

How are Boden sizes for trousers? I think I've put on weight so am a proper 10 - should I buy 10 or 12?

yourcruisedirector Tue 17-Sep-13 13:24:14

Well, I tried the White Company trousers, and they were horrendous on me - clingy in all the wrong places. They were a lovely thick fabric and I liked the side zip but they were very long (which I would normally adjust at home) and looked awful sad Returning them and I may try the Boden ones - they have brought out a full length version!

yourcruisedirector Thu 12-Sep-13 15:34:53

Thanks! Will see how they go

Gillybobs Wed 11-Sep-13 18:56:26

I'm 5 7 and I wear the long in the Boden trousers so they are almost full length on me.

I needed a 10 in the WC trousers; am usually a 12. I got mine for £23 in the sale, so was a v happy bunny. Hope you like them - the quality is good and they hold their shape on the knees well.

yourcruisedirector Tue 10-Sep-13 23:25:36

...and I've bought the White Company trousers... They look fab. Ordered a ten as I'll be sitting in them a lot, but I hope they're not too big. I got 20% off but they'll still be an expensive pair of trousers. Worth it for cotton though!

yourcruisedirector Tue 10-Sep-13 23:06:18

I really want full length for winter - if I bought the Boden long would the look regular length (I sometimes buy petite)?

yourcruisedirector Tue 10-Sep-13 23:02:42

I wish I could 'like' all of your suggestions, they're fab. I have a few short blazers from Topshop a few years ago and a Gap grey blazer which I like but is a bit tired.

I'm seriously considering asking for a tailor-made blazer for my 30th - I find them so hard to buy but love the look.

Love the White Stuff trousers but the price is a bit eye watering! Will look up the Boden ones...

Gillybobs Tue 10-Sep-13 20:57:39

I love the Boden Bistro Crops, slim cut, ankle grazing length, loads of colours. Look great with a vest and blazer

AwkwardSquad Tue 10-Sep-13 18:54:13

I have the longer one. I thought it'd be more versatile for autumn with brogues n such. The librarian look!

Umlauf Tue 10-Sep-13 17:42:32

I bought it too! I haven't worn it yet as 37 weeks pregnant, but tried it on and wish I'd got the longer one. Maybe with tights and without bump till be better...

Going to wear it casually with sweaters and jumpers, I have a sheer shirt like the one in the whistles pic and a chambray shirt too for dressier. Ankle boots!

I've got these and they are lovely. Size down. Mine were in the sale though and I think are actually supposed to be cropped, but are full length on me!

Slouchy vest top and a blazer?

yourcruisedirector Tue 10-Sep-13 14:36:57

I need a capsule wardrobe to cover a five day book fair I'm attending next month and I started with the Whistles tube skirt which I saw recommended on here.

I now need a couple of tops to team it with, and ideally the perfect pair of trousers for a different look. I have a couple of other dresses which will do too. I'm 5'3 and size 8-10 more ten these days and a fairly athletic broad build, E cup, and I've changed shape loads since my dd was born so none of my old work wear fits, I have no time to go shopping, and not much money with which to do it.

If you can recommend anything I can mail order to try I'll love you forever. Still searching for a pair of trousers which suit (I can shorten them) as I hate scratchy polyester trousers, high waists, and flared/boot cut shapes. I mostly wear skinnies to work and need a totally different wardrobe for my 2-5 business trips a year.

Help please please please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now