What are you wearing on your feet now its autumn?

(61 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Tue 10-Sep-13 14:11:19

What are you wearing on your feet?

I've lived in birkenstocks all summer but now it's just too cold!

I'm not sure I'm ready to embrace winter boots yet! confused

nipersvest Sat 14-Sep-13 18:52:43

am wearing fly yuna in camel or red hush puppies atm.

have my eye on some biker style boots tho, have another thread on the go!

cocolepew Sat 14-Sep-13 18:43:56

I fancy the DM Felice but would like to try then on first. Unfortunately I don't have a DM shop near.

Selks Sat 14-Sep-13 18:31:00

I've just bought these DMs, (though bought at cheaper price on ebay) can't wait for them to arrive smile

cocolepew Sat 14-Sep-13 18:16:03

This is like a Clarke's love in thread shockgrin
I had on leather Converse hi tops today but have been wearing Adidas trainers all week, navy and lime green. I've never had so many compliments about shoes as the trainers [hmn]

commuterbelt Sat 14-Sep-13 17:45:10

i've had about five pairs of those clarkes orinocos, they are seriously fab boots - pleased to see them back in stock as i couldn't find them last year and had to buy from another retailer

MissDD1971 Sat 14-Sep-13 17:35:54

Natura faux suede ankle tab boots in black

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 14-Sep-13 17:32:20

invicta grin

CressidaMontgomery Sat 14-Sep-13 16:53:36

Ash Bowie wedges or Ash spiral boots. Clarks biker style boots. Short Jones ankle boots.

Basically a lot of boots

Suddengeekgirl Sat 14-Sep-13 16:43:13

I'm thinking of these

Any thoughts? smile

I need something that'll be ok in rain, flat and wearable with skinny jeans.

Happiestinwellybobs Sat 14-Sep-13 13:56:46

Boots on here - just treated myself to these www.dune.co.uk/timpleton-elasticated-panel-buckle-trim-riding-boot-0089506080015484/ after my old ones finally fell to bits after a few good years.

Rooners Sat 14-Sep-13 13:41:02

Just got some of these Keen Hoodoo boots on sale.

They are very comfy and seem to be waterproof so far!

invicta Sat 14-Sep-13 13:33:55

Thanks for this thread. The Clarks Orinoco looks good to me - and it's great they named a shoe after a womble!

ErrolTheDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 23:21:56

I work from home so... still nothing most of the time - not ready to put on socks yet. This evening went for a walk in sandals. (In sunny Lancashire.)

HoneyDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 23:13:32

Lap in, I'm not keen on the elastic looking bit across the front

Love these macay holly from clarks wore them today for first time. I'm also still wearing the grey/khaki majorca villas and black norley cedars both also clarks although a wee bit too hot still somedays. Might have a look at the brogues again.

LapinDeBois Tue 10-Sep-13 22:52:49

I love the fact that whenever I go to start a thread on MN, the same one has already just been started! So, I'm crap at shoes, and I really need guidance on what to wear at this time of year - something comfortable, that I can wear with socks, that are preferably slip-on, but aren't too frumpy. On the back of this thread I'm now thinking either some Clarks Orinoco or some desert boots (do you have to tie them, or do they slip on? And they're pricey!). Alternatively, what do you think of these - maybe too smart/casual? (I'm a v casual kinda girl.) www.clarks.co.uk/p/20355398.

Pumpkintopf Tue 10-Sep-13 22:18:00

Converse today though it was so cold and rainy I put new uniqlo heatech top on under sweatshirt this afty. Cosy smile

Somethingpink Tue 10-Sep-13 22:17:55

Sandals, I will probably wear them until the end of October shock

Only because I cannot get anything to fit my feet or legs though due to pregnancy hmm

Goodness it's a Somerset-fest here!! Lively and warn and sunny here today (Weston-super---mud---mare) Timberland slip ons but dud go to Clarks outlet looking fir boots to fit over my wide slighty ample calves in jeans. Failed miserably but still need to get last stone of baby weight off will make no difference to my calves!!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 10-Sep-13 21:49:48

Don't know why you've had such bad luck with your ankle boots Jemima, like I said mine are about to do their third winter and I definitely recommend them. smile

ShoeWhore Tue 10-Sep-13 20:59:28

Converse or ankle boots at the moment.

It's bloody freezing here! sad

ParvatiTheWitch Tue 10-Sep-13 20:30:04

As long as you didn't do double denim Bill?

Lots of West country folk on this thread. I am in North Somerset.

I'm in Somerset still warm ish here.

Today wore tan ankle boots, black drapey dress with bare legs. Plus denim jacket and scarf. DH laughed and said 'welcome to the 90s'. I'm taking as a compliment. grin

surfandturf Tue 10-Sep-13 19:34:37

Not quite cold enough on the south west coast for winter boots yet so I am also favouring high tops and brogues.

ParvatiTheWitch Tue 10-Sep-13 17:57:27

I am a 16 inch calf so I might try and squeeze them on. Thanks Honeydragon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now