What are you wearing on your feet now its autumn?

(61 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Tue 10-Sep-13 14:11:19

What are you wearing on your feet?

I've lived in birkenstocks all summer but now it's just too cold!

I'm not sure I'm ready to embrace winter boots yet! confused

Flip flops while it's still so sunny and warm.

But I am looking forward to boot days and will watch with interest for ideas, I need something new and lovely

Dfg15 Tue 10-Sep-13 14:14:10

i've got my Clarks Majorca Villa boots on, bought them after seeing them on Mumsnet Swears By and I LOVE them. Possibly a bit too warm for today tho ..

LonelyGoatherd Tue 10-Sep-13 14:22:56

leather hi-tops
suede desert boots

ArtexMonkey Tue 10-Sep-13 14:28:43

Dr martens cath or 8 hole cherry reds.

I like summer but I like getting my docs back on.

Sunny and warm? Not here in Wales. Cold and wet more like.

I have fully embraced boots. This morning I wore my Clarks Marilyn Zoe to work, now I am wearing my Clarks Orinoco Jazz with tights and a skirt.

dexter73 Tue 10-Sep-13 14:50:55

I've got my brogues on today.

Oh no Jemima, sorry! It's sunny in SE Cornwall. I've just been for a paddle on the beach in between writing copy palettes. Trying to make the most of it before it does get colder and the relentless rain starts.

Kezztrel Tue 10-Sep-13 15:04:05

I am still in ballet flats. It's not that cold here. Will be resisting boots for as long as possible (though have embraced snuggly jumpers already!)

missmartha Tue 10-Sep-13 15:10:38

Wearing Converse high tops here in Wales.

I resisted the temptation to put my Ugg ankle boots on when I get up.

It was nippy.

aoife24 Tue 10-Sep-13 15:27:36

I've got some Clark's brogues, tan and wine red and I love them. They're comfy and go with virtually everything. I usually look for boots but have got bored not finding what I want.

Oh I like those boots Jemima. When I start boot shopping in a few weeks I will go try those on first! thanks.

Rooners Tue 10-Sep-13 15:33:07

Derry boots! smile

And Toggi horse boots
and camper pelotas

What I would like to be wearing are Sweedish Hasbeens Danish boots but they just came off sale and into full price and it's ridiculous.

LadyBigtoes Tue 10-Sep-13 15:35:07

Keens coronado which are a bit like converse, but I just want it to be properly cold so I can wear boots.

bunnymother Tue 10-Sep-13 15:35:41

I'm straight into ankle boots. I wore slippers yesterday and they got rained on. Am only a few degrees away from scarves, too.

Norfolknway Tue 10-Sep-13 15:36:16

A pair of havaianas as I'm 8 month pregnant a cant bend over my bump to tie my bootssad

So sad!

MarshaBrady Tue 10-Sep-13 15:39:16

Sam Edelman suede ankle boots. Really good for autumn.

chelsbells Tue 10-Sep-13 15:52:19

The Uggs have come back out for me. Too chilly to go in ballets as can't do socks with them, so it's straight into Uggs for me! And I flipping love them grin

I'm in a sun dress. I can't believe how different the weather is just a hundred miles or so away that requires boots and scarves <sad that autumn and winter are coming>

<narrows eyes at sundress>

I have just done the school run in a wooly cardigan (plus boots, tights, skirt and a top under the cardi) and I was freezing. I thought I'd be OK as it had stopped raining. Really should have worn a coat.

foxysocks Tue 10-Sep-13 16:10:06

have worn full array of footwear over the last week. havianas and sandals in the warm, converse and ash high tops if a bit cooler. the sheepskin boots came out this morning for the school run as it was FREEZING, thankfully much warmer by lunchtime.

Give it a week. It'll be pissing it down here too then, the bonus being that when it does, because we are on the coast path it's usually too windy for an umbrella, or indeed any semblance of looking half decent.

I got these boots for my birthday and wore them today for the first time - they're gorgeous.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 10-Sep-13 16:24:26

I'm wearing my Clarks Orinocos too but the ankle boots. Only a finally got them out today as it felt a bit chilly walking down to the school but I bought them two years ago and they're still going strong save for a ripped lining. Seriously considering buying another pair while they're still available just to keep for when these ones fall apart. I love them. They're like slippers they're so comfortable. And they're pretty waterproof too. smile

I have the ankle boot version of Clarks Orinoco too, currently the brown and had the black before that (and the brown knee highs before the black ones). I love them, but I don't find that they last a whole winter of being worn a lot and walking far, the heels seem to collapse. They are really comfy, but for the price it would be nice if they lasted a bit longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now