Ladies night

(7 Posts)
Greydog Tue 10-Sep-13 13:15:30

So, we've been invited to a masonic ladies night. What on earth do I wear? (this has not been a good year clothes wise. I still have to find a wedding outfit for November, but I at least got a party dress from amazon!) I'm a jeans and tee shirt person. Sometimes I wear combat trousers! (so useful! so many pockets!)

Kezztrel Tue 10-Sep-13 13:18:31

shock what on earth is that?

Solo Tue 10-Sep-13 13:18:55

Long frock, ball gown/evening dress style.

Solo Tue 10-Sep-13 13:23:17

I miss going to Ladies nights.

Ladies nights are by way of a thank you to the wives/girlfriends/partners of Free Masons for their support throughout the year. They are lovely ime and you will usually get a gift and there are raffles, so take cash. This is for charity which is what the Masons are about.
You will also have a photograph taken when you arrive.
HTH Kezztrel

Kezztrel Tue 10-Sep-13 13:27:10

Ah, quite a posh do then! I googled masonic ladies night and there seem to be lots of Youtube videos of them - maybe look at those for inspiration so you can get the tone right? Coast is pretty fool proof for evening wear, though you do risk other people turning up in the same outfit.

Solo Tue 10-Sep-13 13:38:12

I often wore Coast dresses or went to TKMaxx for mine. Never ever turned up wearing the same as another lady!

Greydog Tue 10-Sep-13 15:30:33

thanks, everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now