I love my UGGS, so there!

(72 Posts)
siblingrevelry Tue 10-Sep-13 10:53:05

It's my birthday today, I'm 38

We're skint but DH bought me a pair of classic chestnut UGGS which I've not taken off since 7am

Considering selling one of the children so I can buy another pair

I love them. And I think they look good despite the general opinion against UGGS (disclaimer: SAHM, so what I consider to be 'looking good' usually means I've straightened my hair and have a clean top on!)

I work in an office that is freezing in winter (concrete floors in converted barns) and gave in last winter and brought uggs. I still think that they are fugly but they keep my feet toasty which in turn warms the rest of me up. I go bailey buttons as I have large calves and wasn't sure tall or ones without the gap at the side would fit (im a size 12/14 but run and bike a lot so muscular calves).
I still think they are horrible but am now braving wearing them on the sidelines to watch the boys play rugby and lacrosse and dd playing hockey.

littlemisswise Tue 10-Sep-13 13:06:42

envy Honey

also whilst not traditional uggs im coveting these and may feel the need on payday!

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 13:17:44

Ugg jensingtons are really really hard To get on . I wouldn't get kids as they are bound to be smaller . Also they are fat at the toe so look a bit weird IMO.. I have noiras they are much nicer .

FuckyNell Tue 10-Sep-13 13:31:57

I have the ugg Gershwin they are brilliant. Waterproof. Warm. What's not to like?

Tweet2tweet Tue 10-Sep-13 13:35:35

Don't like them but bought a pair of the knitted ones to use as slippers for £9 in House of Frasers sale a few years ago. I can like them a little bit at that price!

Meglet Tue 10-Sep-13 13:36:02

So do I. Although mine are currently Emu's I found in TK Maxx.

I suffer in the cold so have to wear big cosy boots from sept - april.

I love mine too!

i have these. 2 year old and still look new

I can also get kids Uggs so don't cost me much grin

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 13:44:53

I actually have 6 pairs .. I know I'm spoilt so I gave one pair to my friends daughter and bless her she nearly wet herself . I have ugg Tatum s along with others and they are proper boots but with the comfort of uggs. My overall favourite are my Noiras , although I'm definitely tempted by these black ones linked up thread.

siblingrevelry Tue 10-Sep-13 13:49:26

Tiredmule I'm usually a true size 7, but these are 7.5. DH seemed a bit distracted last night after wrapping my pressies whilst I had a bath, and then just before I opened them this morning he said he was gutted as he only noticed last night that they'd sent size 7.5 although he'd ordered a 7, so might have to send them back. The 7.5 were snug but perfect, so I'd go with that or an 8 (not sure if they stretch with wear?)

siblingrevelry Tue 10-Sep-13 13:49:26

Tiredmule I'm usually a true size 7, but these are 7.5. DH seemed a bit distracted last night after wrapping my pressies whilst I had a bath, and then just before I opened them this morning he said he was gutted as he only noticed last night that they'd sent size 7.5 although he'd ordered a 7, so might have to send them back. The 7.5 were snug but perfect, so I'd go with that or an 8 (not sure if they stretch with wear?)

missmartha Tue 10-Sep-13 13:52:27

I bought a pair in Oz for my mum, but I was very sniffy about them then and stupidly wouldn't have given them house room.

Oh, I regret the years I wasted.

HoneyDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 13:59:40

Can you wear the ones like the Gerswin barefoot?

MumToKandD Tue 10-Sep-13 14:03:57

I've just bought the Bearpaw Emma 12" Tall boots in Hickory, they are amazing and I got them for £35!! www.natureshop.co.uk/Product/2623/womens-sheepskin-boots/Bearpaw/Emma-Tall-Hickory

JohnSnowsTie Tue 10-Sep-13 14:05:11

Happy birthday OP flowers

I went off them for a while (though I still like my grey knitted ones) but recently am tempted by the short chocolate ones.

So expensive though and Emu don't seem to do anything similar for a few less £££.

I have Kiwis and don't know how I ever lived without them. I can't praise them highly enough.

Also have sheepskin slippers from Celtic and won't ever go back to cheapo slippers again!

JohnSnowsTie Tue 10-Sep-13 14:14:00

Bitchy which of their slippers do you have? Am thinking of a pair of CS ones myself...

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 14:19:33

I think you can wear them barefoot , I wear mine with opaque tights and dresses as they are quite biker booty in the winter.

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 14:20:40

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/tatum-black-leather-36-ugg-australia-shoe.html?gclid=CNmD0uL1wLkCFRPItAodhFUAOw

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 14:21:59

These are mine from last year.. My feet don't tolerate normal shoes now and I go from havianas to uggs and back again.

Flossiechops Tue 10-Sep-13 14:28:07

I love them too - currently sporting a pair of navy short ones that I bought in last years winter sale for £75 - can't grumble at that!

BeginnerSAHM Tue 10-Sep-13 14:38:27

Thanks primallass an bishbash.... Might have a re-think! Must be waterproof!

ziggiestardust Tue 10-Sep-13 14:42:43

I LOVE my Uggs. I can't get over how comfortable they are!!

PicnicPie Tue 10-Sep-13 14:52:42

I love mine too. Worth every penny when your feet are snug as a bug. I've got the camel colour ones in tall. I've had them for five years and they are in almost perfect condition as I've looked after them unlike some people

Happy birthday Op. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now