What do you think of Dorothy Perkins?

(13 Posts)
SundaySimmons Tue 10-Sep-13 08:18:30

I have a lovely pair of black western/cowboy type boots reduced from £70 to £40! Bargain!

There are a few clothing shops/ranges I can't stand, such as Next and Boden but on the whole I am open minded enough that if I like an item then I don't care where its from.

Strangely though, I won't buy what I call a 'fat' size. Because clothing sizes are all different in each shop, I won't buy an item if the label says two sizes larger than what I am in the majority of shops. Stupid I know.

I like Fornarina, but they size up small. I am a size 10 but a Medium in most of their stuff fits, but i went to buy a lovely jacket once and only the Large fitted me but even then it was tight. I wouldn't buy it! Stupid I know.

AndyMurraysBalls Tue 10-Sep-13 08:00:37

I love Dotty P because it is next door to my local massive supermarket so very convenient. However the sizing is enormous. I'm very much a basics clothes person - tshirts, leggings, jeans and cardis. Knitwear sometimes goes to crap in the wash so don't get too fond of it!

littlemisswise Tue 10-Sep-13 07:59:37

I buy loads of things there. One of my best buys this Summer was their T-shirt maxi dresses. I have worn them so, so, much yet they have kept their shape, no bobbling and not faded.

I love their tube skirts too.

Birdies Tue 10-Sep-13 07:50:51
GeorginaWorsley Tue 10-Sep-13 07:48:00

Hit and miss for me too.
Loved the black coated jeggings last winter.
Long jersey dresses in summer good too,but otherwise don't find much

LifeofPo Tue 10-Sep-13 07:37:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flipchart Tue 10-Sep-13 07:33:32

I think it is over rated tbh.
I wander in every now and again but I haven't bought anything there for at least 20 years!

Theironfistofarkus Tue 10-Sep-13 07:05:10

Have heard good things about their plain tees. I buy quite a bit of jewellry there. They have some good stuff.

KosherBacon Tue 10-Sep-13 06:35:33

The quality of it used to be so much better than it is now. I've got dresses and skirts that are 8 years old and still going strong. Skirts used to be properly lined too. You really need to read labels and check the feel of the fabrics. That being said their basic vests and tshirts last well, although colour range us limited.

plentyofsoap Tue 10-Sep-13 05:52:39

Same as bunny, had some nice bits but then other tops have been poor quality.

bunnymother Tue 10-Sep-13 05:21:29

Totally hit and miss. I bought some cotton embroidered tops for summer, but that's all. Their coated jeggings are meant to be good, too. Too much polyester, for me

AngryFeet Tue 10-Sep-13 00:55:18

I buy loads there. Fab for basics and some more fashiony bits. Just wish their dresses were a bit longer. Everything is mid thigh and I need knee length!

drawohamme Tue 10-Sep-13 00:50:54

Do people still shop in there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now