WHERE do you find the time to moisturise, paint nails, Shred, blow dry...?

(61 Posts)
mirai Mon 09-Sep-13 07:15:24

I really want to be that sassy, groomed person who I can see in my mind's eye. But real life just doesn't make it possible for me.

I have more cosmetics and toiletries than a large branch of Boots, I have every will to have lovely painted nails at all times and be one of those people who moisturises all over after a bath. I want to have a night time skincare "routine" and I want to leap out of bed 20 minutes earlier than normal to do some shredding and then make a healthy fruit smoothie!

But, MY GOD am I always tired! If I'm not cooking then I'm cleaning, if I'm not cleaning then I have a mountain of laundry to put away, if it's not that then I'm working, if I'm not working then All I Want To Do Is Sleep.

Tips, please! You wise ladies who have half hour "windows of activity". Tell me how I can find some windows!!!

scripsi Tue 10-Sep-13 17:49:19

duckyfuzz thanks for the tip, does the neutrogena stuff feel sticky at all?

noisytoys Tue 10-Sep-13 18:09:04

I don't even know what shredding is confused

Rubybrazilianwax Tue 10-Sep-13 18:53:38

I have a full manicure kit in the car. I am generally waiting on the dc outside something regularly. I do my nails then

duckyfuzz Tue 10-Sep-13 20:42:43

scripsi no, it feels lovely, soaks in quickly

HotCrossBunsForAll Tue 10-Sep-13 20:43:26

I think it's about building it all in so it becomes habit - I wouldn't dream of going to bed with make up on, but I used to be awful at remembering to use toner after I cleansed. Now toner is next to wipes/cleanser so I see it and I've used it often enough that it's second nature and takes mere seconds.

Another one here for keeping things by the bed. I currently have foot cream/file by my bed so I can do that quickly before I go to sleep and it takes hardly any time.

Nails done fortnightly at a salon - I think chipped mail varnish can ruin a look no matter how groomed the rest of you is.

Invest in moisturising shower gel or in shower moisturiser/body oil. Use face packs whilst you have conditioner on, or use that time to give your legs/bikini/armpits a quick going over.

I always plan what I'm wearing the night before and make sure things are ironed & I know where shoes/accessorises are. I stick a berocca in a glass of water before I get in the shower, it's ready by the time I get out.

I am by no means ultra groomed but these little things help. Loving all the tips here!

bunnymother Tue 10-Sep-13 22:12:27

Kezztrel - after putting the Aquis Lisseon, drying my hair with the Parlux took a only about 5 minutes. I have long hair and use a paddle brush, in case that helps. It was a nicer glossier finish (less halo of fuzzy hairs / witch hair) than my old dryer, too.

Kezztrel Wed 11-Sep-13 11:00:58

Bunny 5 mins, that's v impressive, I might have to get one. It takes me at least 15 mins to dry mine with my normal hairdryer. My hair's only averagely thick and mid length, but it's quite stubbornly wavy which doesn't help. I use a GHD barrel brush which adds glossiness - I'm guessing that plus a Parlux would be amazing!

mirai Wed 11-Sep-13 13:12:08

Toenails and fingernails polished, and body moisturised, good start for me today! smile

Bonsoir Wed 11-Sep-13 13:39:11

NightLark - LOL at the audience of small DC. DD (8) is so used to my performing beauty rituals in her presence that she now helpfully regularly points out work needing to be done. "Mummy there's a scratchy hair under your arm", "Mummy your cuticles need pushing back" etc

SundaySimmons Wed 11-Sep-13 15:59:38

I don't wear one anymore but when I did I bought every lip liner ever made (!) in my quest for the perfect one, and found that expensive ones were not necessarily the best and the best ones in terms of colours, application and lasting ability were Avon Glimmerstix

Mystery mauve was my favourite one

avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/lips/avon-glimmersticks-lip-liner.html

I don't wear a liner anymore as I find it more aging on my er aging lips!

SundaySimmons Wed 11-Sep-13 16:00:08

Ignore my last post. Wrong thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now