Autumn Term At Crepey Towers

(1000 Posts)
QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 10:38:02

I did it!

Stropperella Thu 05-Sep-13 21:49:11

Re: the innocence of youth an' all: I fondly remember the day when my little dd (then 3.5) accompanied her bf (4 yr old boy) to the bathroom and then came rushing out squeaking "X has a diffren' bum!!"

Bless 'em, they barely speak to each other now, but then maybe that's why.. grin

Blackduck Thu 05-Sep-13 21:49:33

Oh loving all these boots... But mustn't...

Stropperella Thu 05-Sep-13 21:57:17

Eh, BD, we should actually be using our "spare" cash to have the plastering done on the landing so that we can finish painting that was started, er, 3 years ago. Our hallway, stairs and landing are a disgrace, but we have sadly got used to the extremely tatty look and only remember how ghastly it looks when we see the look on visitors' faces. blush

Then there's the car service, the boiler service and, um, a list of other things that definitely did not include teeth whitening (wtaf??) and yet more boots. At least both dh and I deserve a smack.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 05-Sep-13 21:57:43

Found you! It all got too much for me today, the clearing my desk, the packing, the cleaning, so I told AB I was leaving early and, err, went to Disneyland. blush I did feel a lot more positive after my blast on the Rocknrollercoaster, Hollywood Tower of Terror, the "behind the scenes" tram, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and It's A Small World. I was contemplating staying for the fireworks, but felt that enough was enough, so headed home via the Pinocchio ride as there was no queue. Went into local Italian resto on the way home for dinner, told Salvatore we were leaving and watched his lower lip wobble as he saw his profits back. Now off to bed, ready for an early start to finish the cleaning and packing tomorrow.

herbaceous Thu 05-Sep-13 22:29:21

I love you, Mrs S.

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 22:48:14

Mrs S you are truly fabulous ! What a laugh!!!
Feeling sorry for Salvatoregrin tho.

CointreauVersial Thu 05-Sep-13 23:19:33

You nutter, MrsS. grin

Herbs - glad Day One of school went well and you didn't blub.

BTM - £300 of cocktails! Cheeky sods.

QQ - what a coincidence! I loved those grey boots too, so much so that I included them in my taupe boot order grin (I'm really a Clarks 6.5, but they had the 7s in stock). I always order a few alternative styles/sizes when there's a promo.

Strops, that's weird about you growing out of your allergies. I'm going the other way, and have started to get reactions to things like raw hazelnuts, figs and cherries which I never did in the past (mouth goes tingly and throat swells a bit). Nothing life-threatening, just mildly irritating.

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 06:08:55

MrsS smile

Any news on the interviews?

Am a bit sad with all the mum stuff, as was supposed to have friends over, but cancelled and haven't been able to 'uncancel' - Ho hum.

Also not drinking because the night sweats were just getting me down, and no alcohol definitely makes a difference. sad so its bloody fun around here!

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Sep-13 07:17:02

MrsS - Way to Go!grin

DC's first day back today. Alarms have gone off and getting ready noises can be heard...

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 06-Sep-13 08:04:57

No news on the interviews but not optimistic and now in complete chaos with all the little bits and pieces that didn't make it into the heavy baggage and air freight. Thankfully we are back for a couple of days on Thursday, so am leaving a bag full of crap with a friend to pick up then. Unfortunately I don't have a suitable bag, so will have to dash out later or tomorrow morning to buy one... The charger for my UK phone has also been packed, and I can't find my French phone. I have also run out of milk, so can't even have a cup of tea.

beachyhead Fri 06-Sep-13 08:28:20

Have glorious visions of Mrs S screaming abuse at AB from the top of a rollercoaster where 'no-one can hear you scream'. Very cathartic and an excellent full stop to a Paris experience.....

Back to Style and Beauty, although frankly there is little stylish or beautiful about it, today I shall be sporting this. It was one of my birthday presents and I shall report back on its waterproofness, mainly for the dog walkers!

It does make you look like Batman though grin.

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 08:39:16

Hmm Beachy.... and why didn't you go for www.rainfrog.co.uk/product.aspx?object.id={EX555DMD-R46-B25C6M59H12-P-16498&htm_mta=targetdry_festival_flower_poncho_£26.50_inc_p&p} hmm???

MrsS safe traveling.

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 08:40:08

well that convert linky thing is rubbish isn't it...

{{www.rainfrog.co.uk/product.aspx?object.id={EX555DMD-R46-B25C6M59H12-P-16498&htm_mta=targetdry_festival_flower_poncho_£26.50_inc_p&p this}}

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 08:40:50

And so am I... sheesh...wrong brackets....

this

beachyhead Fri 06-Sep-13 08:53:07

That didn't work either!

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of flowery coats grin. I've never really 'understood' them. I want to be nice and inconspicuous when I'm out and about!

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 08:59:23

AHHH - well you know the one I mean ;) (epic fail.....)

Well we seem to have gone from summer to autumn overnight here.....

Blackduck Fri 06-Sep-13 09:00:00

actually if you click the very first one - that works..... doah!

QueenQueenie Fri 06-Sep-13 09:19:04

Batman Beachy? More like Darth Vadar! I think I'd run away if I saw you approaching in that... even though I know you're lovely.

Pouring with rain and COLD. Bloody hell. Still chained to my desk, writing. Feels like a cross between a prison sentence and childbirth... in fact I think I preferred childbirth. If I seem to be posting prolifically please do me a favour and tell me to fuck off. Ta.

beachyhead Fri 06-Sep-13 09:23:26

Structured breaks, that's what you need... work now till 1230, then from 2 until 5pm and if we see you in those hours, we will indeed tell you to fuck off....

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Sep-13 09:27:08

Well, we were doing well this morning until DD couldn't find her Kickers. Cue huge shouting, etc and me in mild panic. Then I remembered that I had put them in a cupboard in DS's room. Then she swore they weren't hers and that DS (who is 5 sizes bigger!!!) had gone off with hers FFSgrin

Stropperella Fri 06-Sep-13 10:51:28

BTM, I feel for you. We were doing OK this morning until dd announced that she wouldn't be going to any Maths lessons this year as she is sticking by her refusal to attend any Set 2 classes as she wasn't happy with the way she was demoted from Set 1 and now aims to get a U in her Maths GCSE "just to mess their stats up". She had Maths first lesson. Gah, how old is she FFS??? angry shock hmm <excess of emoticons to convey exasperation>

MrsS, it'll all be over soon..

wilbur Fri 06-Sep-13 10:53:28

Excellent crepey uniform suggestion from Ruby - so Darth Vader waterproof (covers all wobbly bits), taupe boots, and I'm also liking the sound of Queenie's ds's lime green furry handbag. That's my look sorted for the new season then. Plus I got another 2 scarves for my birthday last month, which I still don't know how to wear as I'm hopeless with accessories - think Hyacinth Bucket rather than Cara Delvigne. I may make them into cushions.

herbaceous Fri 06-Sep-13 10:54:37

Thought I was doing remarkably well on the 'not crying' front. Just had massive snotty bawl in the car when 'Have I Told You Lately That I Love You' came on the radio. I used to sing it to DS whilst in newborn hormonal haze and think of it as 'our song'. Oh dear. Off again.

In other, less pathetic, news, I saw the head for 40 minutes! Gave her what for. She realises there's a hell of a lot to do to improve communication with parents. She was at the new starters meeting, as a guest, and was horrified at the size of it, and the relative uselessness of the info given out. Nothing was from a parent's perspective - all just internally-driven blather.

She's got all sorts of ideas, and is prepared to make herself unpopular with the 'we've always done it this way' mob to get them done. She turned her previous school round from 'special measures' to 'good' in four years, so reckon she's shit hot.

I complained that no-one had shown any concern re DS's eye, or suggested a meeting of how to deal with it, etc, and that I was in the middle of organising a transfer on medical grounds. She was horrified. She knew there was a boy in his class with a problem, and had asked the staff if it was sorted. They had said yes. Further profuse apologies.

And she's going to send me the email of the chair of the PTA (or, indeed, PITA)!

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 06-Sep-13 11:02:49

AIBU? I have three quarters of a bottle of Sipsmith gin left. I am making this my priority to fit in my luggage along with the bottle of Jack Daniels at the expense of dull stuff like shower gel and tea towels.

herbaceous Fri 06-Sep-13 11:04:47

YANBU. Purely on £££ grounds.

This thread is not accepting new messages.