QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 10:38:02

I did it!

QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 10:41:34

Over here Crepeys...
(can't post on old thread...)

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 10:59:20

Oh hello there!grin

Blackduck Thu 05-Sep-13 11:01:13

Oh had a mild panic there when I saw the thread was full!!

Hello QQ and Cremo......

bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 11:12:47

Yay!

motherinferior Thu 05-Sep-13 11:21:25

Wotcher.

(In thrilling home décor news I am now mixing colours. Ho yes. There's no stopping me....)

hattymattie Thu 05-Sep-13 11:24:31

Hello - just checking in - I'm sheltering in the kitchen from my roofers who seem to be throwing things direct from roof into the skip - so it sounds like Armageddon out there. Also a stormy weekend is predicted and we'll only have a plastic sheet on the roof so feeling vaguely panicky. Also very glum as half the wood holding up the roof seems to be rotten and they couldn't see this until they took off the insulation so it's going to cost us another 4K - just what we could do without.

On the bright side "la rentree" seems to have been reasonably smooth - DS got the bus with the little girl down the road this morning and I'm assuming he has arrived at college.

BD - that's bad news about the op for your mum - I hadn't thought about your blood being correct - although I know you have to fast before operations (let's hope I never go Under the knife as not very good at this). The on/off operation thing must be incredibly stressful.

hattymattie Thu 05-Sep-13 11:25:21

By the way - I love the idea of being at Malory Towers - we should have a uniform next wink

QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 11:46:00

Oh yes. what do you have in mind? Firm control underwear and a defiant attitude?

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 12:38:58

Uniqlo orla kiely scarf and fitflopsgrin

Blackduck Thu 05-Sep-13 13:13:57

QQ grin

Mum is out - changed her drugs to fatten up her blood, back in next Tuesday, with intention to operate Wednesday. At least my brother will be back from hols which will help.....

My dad is driving her mad, and she is concerned about having another stroke sad Told her if she feels even remotely like she did the last time to call an ambulance and get herslef to hospital....... Good I hate this.

CointreauVersial Thu 05-Sep-13 13:18:51

I've just ordered some new boots!

I'm a sucker for a 20% off deal, and I figured there was a taupe-boot-shaped hole in my life.

bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 13:20:46

Very nice CV! I have just ordered some more Birkies at 20% or so off!

QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 13:22:59

I'm waiting for these to arrive in stock...

grey and gorgeous

bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 13:34:01

Ooh yes, QQ - must be good if they've all gone!

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 13:55:57

Cv those are divine esp the diagonal zippage
QQ - envy I saw those yesterday in town and narrowly avoided the temptation as I've just bought [[ http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20341833 these]] which I also have in tan suede.

Have we found our uniform then ?wink

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 13:56:29

duh

herbaceous Thu 05-Sep-13 13:59:28

Well, he's there! And I didn't cry! Felt oddly excited this morning, because he was, and concentrating too much on going in the right door, etc, when we arrived to be sad. His little face fell though once he realised we were going, and he was being left in this strange place, and I did start to lose it. But we had to do boring stuff like pay for snacks, buy the book bag, etc, so I had to hold it together. By the time I'd left the building, the crying moment had passed.

Might not be the case tomorrow, however!

I must get some black ankle boots to replace the pleather ones I got from Tesco last year. Only £18, and I wore them to death. Sweaty though.

herbaceous Thu 05-Sep-13 14:00:34

In fact, those Midnight Mist Clarks one in black might just be the 'PFB goes to school' treat I need...

herbaceous Thu 05-Sep-13 14:15:40

Oh and the Herbs. Bloody loved that. Quite often preceded Hector's House, if I'm not mistaken. Mr Onion and the Chives, Dill the Dog - 'I'm Dill the Dog <pant pant>, I'm a dog called Dill <pant pant>. My tail I'd like to get <pant pant>. I've never caught it yet <pant pant>.'

Right. Work.

hattymattie Thu 05-Sep-13 14:21:08

God you lot have very good memories. and are obviously very very old - nearly as old as me.

Cremolafoam Thu 05-Sep-13 14:22:00

grin Well done Herbs. I'm wobbling just thinking of your wee mite heading off to the big wide world .

bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 14:27:25

Oh yes, Hector's House with Zaza and Kiki. I had plastic hand puppets!

Please top putting up links to boots. You know I am a boots and sandals woman, and I already have loads of boots.... Cremo, those boots look great!

bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 14:30:44

Herbs, awwww!

beachyhead Thu 05-Sep-13 14:34:30

Checking in.....bagsy the bed by the window and who's up for a midnight feast?

This thread is not accepting new messages.