Morning hot water & lemon ?

(11 Posts)
BeaLola Tue 03-Sep-13 00:28:33

As Dc return to school thought I would try the hot water & lemon first thing rather than tea/coffee.

For those of you who do it do you squeeze half a lemon in r o you ju bung a couple of slices in ?

willybreeder Tue 03-Sep-13 08:26:46

Been doing it for years, use a big slice and plenty cold water so its warm not hot. Its the only thing I've continued from a detox I did 10 years ago! But half an hour or an hour later I have my usual turbo charged coffee.

Parmarella Tue 03-Sep-13 08:35:15

So funny, I just read a book set in the 1920s where women do this to stay slim.

It may make you glow with being "virtuous", but really, your liver detoxes your body for you .

Cutting outcafeine of course good for you though.

evertonmint Tue 03-Sep-13 09:16:01

I can't do this first thing, but can (and often do) stomach camomile tea in the morning so you could try that too and see which you prefer.

SunnyUpNorth Tue 03-Sep-13 09:45:42

I tried this and it stripped the enamel off my teeth and made them really sensitive. Might not happen to everyone, think my family must have weak enamel as grapefruit did the same thing to my sister.

When I had morning sickness I used to have a few slices if fresh ginger in hot water and that was really nice and felt quite cleansing.

I use whatever's to hand. If I have fresh lemons I'll cut the end off, squeeze the juice from that, and also add a slice of lemon. If I don't have fresh lemons, I use a few glugs from a bottle of lemon juice. Or if I have them, a few slices from a jar. Sometimes I keep wedges of lemon in the freezer - if I use one of those that cools the drink down sufficiently to be drinkable.

Short answer - whatever works for you, there's no sepcific recipe.

Littlefiendsusan Tue 03-Sep-13 14:01:06

After reading advice from the Brazillian Buttlift guy,I drink down a 'shot' of 1 freshly squeezed lemon in the morning.
He recommends drinking up to 20 lemons a day,but I wonder what that would do to your teeth.

BeaLola Sun 08-Sep-13 11:25:01

Thank you all

Im not surei can makeit to 20 a day though !

Loopytiles Sun 08-Sep-13 12:12:53

V bad for your teeth!

lifesgreatquestions Sun 08-Sep-13 12:42:14

Does it have to be hot? We take big glasses of water to bed in case we get thirsty in the night. Purely for pleasure this has a few slices of lemon in it. In the morning I finish the glass before having anything else. I don't know of it does anything, I'm just thirsty and the lemon is pleasant!

Sunnysummer Sun 08-Sep-13 12:44:50

Very bad for tooth enamel to coat them in citric acid every morning, so make sure you eat something with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now