Small bumps under skin- please help!

(20 Posts)
thewhitequeen Mon 02-Sep-13 22:02:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JennySense Mon 02-Sep-13 22:11:38

Where are the bumps? What do they look like?

thewhitequeen Mon 02-Sep-13 22:25:59

muchchocolate Mon 02-Sep-13 23:02:37

I don't know how recently you've had your dd but when my dd was about 3 months my skin was the exact same! tiny bumps that you could barely see but felt awful, not sure but I think for me it was just the hormones leaving my body as skin is back to normal again. I have been using effaclar duo which I think helps.

MairzyDoats Mon 02-Sep-13 23:20:26

3 years post baby and I still have these. Mostly round my jaw line? I know they're not majorly visible but they annoy me, especially when I go in the shower and my skin feels all rough and blemished.

FloraFoxley Mon 02-Sep-13 23:28:13

I'd stop hot cloth cleansing for a start. This doesn't work for everyone and can clog the skin. I'd also lay off the Clarisonic thing for a while.

Go back to basics. Remove make up with a decent light cleanser - I'd probably recommend a non creamy one. Try clarins or some Micellar water. Stop using toner - splash your face with water after cleansing. I'm a big fan of Trilogy products - try their moisturiser.

TigerseyeMum Tue 03-Sep-13 20:56:10

Sounds hormonal.

I have the same problem and had the same routine as you. I switched to dermalogica dermal clay cleanser which clears congestion but good for sensitive skin and I am now going out without make up and with hardly any bumps or blemishes.

I honestly can't recommend it enough!

thewhitequeen Tue 03-Sep-13 21:01:15

Snog Tue 03-Sep-13 21:02:32

you need the dermaflannel, not potions!

thewhitequeen Tue 03-Sep-13 21:06:45

SunnyUpNorth Tue 03-Sep-13 21:11:44

Are you breastfeeding?
I had this and I had a facial when ds was about 5 months old just before I stopped bf. I asked the beautician and she said it is caused by dehydration which is obviously really common when breastfeeding.

I drank loads of water and had been trying to exfoliate regularly etc but they didn't start going until I stopped bf. I think you would need to drink tons of water to really get rid of them. A couple of months on and they've almost all gone now.

If you're not bf then it might still be dehydration. You don't say how old your dd is I don't think, but it can be hard to take good care of yourself when you have a young child. I often forgot to drink until I was really thirsty.

SunnyUpNorth Tue 03-Sep-13 21:12:38

Ps I have also just started using the clarins exfoliating, brightening toner which is supposed to be great, but I've only used it twice so can't comment yet!

thewhitequeen Tue 03-Sep-13 21:17:34

If you're not sure about springing for the dermaflannel, try buying a microfiber face cloth. I got 3 for a pound in homeland. Cleared my skin up amazingly well. I used to get apersistent monthly volcanic spot on my chin. First time I used microfiber, it all but cleared up. Wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't been my spot.

Monty27 Tue 03-Sep-13 22:07:36

I get these on my face and I haven't had a baby for a long time, although I now take hrt (I'm not actually that old, but nonetheless gp thought I should take hrt to save bones).

They're quite distressing, it's almost like little lumps of calcium? Anyway I've googled and the closest description I've come up with is Milia for which there is no explanation or cure other than, steam face, prick with a sterlised needle, and squeeze. shock A little, almost a white stone comes out. I kid you not grin

My newborns had the same sort of white spots, well they look kind of similar. I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it still myself. A friend at work, a wee bit younger than me gets them too.

SunnyUpNorth Tue 03-Sep-13 22:34:33

You're welcome!

Month mine were more like bumps under the skin rather than the almost Milia style spots babies get.

Mine were just like the OP's. They could be squeezed but were mostly just bumpy under the skin and more visible on certain lights.

OP I think it probably is dehydration like mine. There are two types of dehydration - one is internal, ie not enough water. The second is external, ie not moisturising enough. I think our ones are the first type, but it is never going to do any harm to take care of your skin externally too.

But it might save you a bit of money and effort if you try upping your water intake before forking out for various external treatments.

Monty27 Tue 03-Sep-13 22:39:29

Sunny, I drink litres of water every day confused

The spots I get, look like babies' spots, but obviously they're not the same. Where I come from the white spots babies get are called milk spots.

SundaySimmons Tue 03-Sep-13 22:55:44

Don't waste money on the dermaflannel. I bought one and it didnt do anymore than using a pack of similar looking cloths I bought in the pound shop.

Snog Wed 04-Sep-13 19:02:28

Dermaflannel really is that good....cheaper versions do work but not nearly as well ime

thewhitequeen Wed 04-Sep-13 20:10:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now