Knee high tights/'pop socks'

(11 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Mon 02-Sep-13 21:39:59

You know what I mean....sheer sock things that come up to your knee, come in packs of 3 from the likes of M&S, wear with trousers and heels.

I go through these at a rate of knots. Not through pulling them or catching them and getting a ladder. No, my big toe makes a hole in them. I then can't stand to wear something where I can feel my toe sticking out, so I bin the individual one and play mismatch with various odd ones until even they run out. Sometimes a pair will last me just one day.

I don't have freakish large feet (a size 6, or 39 if your continental) or sharp, long pointy toenails!

So where do you get yours, and do they last?

An I alone with this particular problem??? hmm

Sleepyfergus Tue 03-Sep-13 17:50:35

Bump hmm

mummiebummie Tue 03-Sep-13 18:14:06

I 'invested' in the best money could buy (or so I thought). 70 denier types, thinking I could wear again and again. Got them on the Internet. They are long lasting but all bizarre colours though. So unwearable and naff. Another Internet waste of money, I am so crap at buying online. Interested to see responses.

StrangeGlue Tue 03-Sep-13 18:20:06

I find this too so buy v cheap tesco ones and file nail smooth. Working so far.

herecomesthsun Tue 03-Sep-13 18:47:19

I had those ones with the diamond pattern on an opaque background - they last literally for years. Many years. At this rate I'll be wearing them to collect my pension. They might be out of fashion by now though. By about 10 years...

MissDD1971 Tue 03-Sep-13 18:55:26

I buy Boots or M&S ones (only local paces near to me), tend to buy the opaques. the fine ones are ripped to shreds. Tesco/Primark sell them too so cheaper.

KosherBacon Tue 03-Sep-13 18:57:56

I've accepted that I ruin them and just given up and buy value ones knowing in probably going to bin them. Not environmentally friendly, but if I don't ruin them wearing them, they get stuck on Velcro rubbish of DSs clothes in the wash.

mummiebummie Tue 03-Sep-13 19:42:31

Black ones aren't a problem but flesh coloured ones are, I find

orangeandemons Tue 03-Sep-13 19:47:15

The Primark ones don't stay up. I kept having to stop and yank them up. Über stylsh

Sleepyfergus Wed 04-Sep-13 14:07:08

Thanks all. Seems the search will continue for the ultimate pop sock!

Whitecat Wed 04-Sep-13 15:21:35

Found these Damart ones with reinforced heel and toe. They should last longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now