What do you think of this coat?

(20 Posts)
slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 20:56:53

here

Will it be too 'michelin man' on? (am a size 10) is it too young for me? (am 35)

I tried the grey one on in the shop and liked how lightweight and warm it was, but the colour didn't suit me. Much prefer this colour though.

thewhitequeen Mon 02-Sep-13 21:03:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WheresMeJumperOhNo Mon 02-Sep-13 21:30:51

I agree. You're young and you are slim - wear whatever you like! (the coat is nice, btw)

Weelady77 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:38:23

I'm a 10 and 35 and I'd wear it smile

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 21:40:03

Hmm, thanks. It reminds me of one I had when I was about 21, I think that might be why it feels a bit young?

But I reeeaallly want something that is warm AND lightweight as I normally buy wool coats and found carrying the weight of that around on top of all the bags/pushing buggy etc for 90 mins of school run every day just got on top of me <feeble>

I love it , but I'd take off the fur hood (and get my hair wet) hmm because I don't like brollies.

It's a nice colour, good length, pockets and I love the sleeve detail.

Just the fur trim would go.

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 21:43:54

70 - I agree on the fur trim, and the trim def was detachable when I tried it on in the shop (I checked).

Oh no, I might end up buying it. I DO still have a decent coat from 2 years ago. But it's so heeeavvyy... <whines>

Tailz Mon 02-Sep-13 21:44:47

OMG I bought that 2 days ago! It looks better in rl to be fair and I like it. I also bought a great Miss Sixty coat as well

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 21:46:29

Ooh, tailz..do you love it???

I don't know why it's described as 'two toned' though? Is it because the fur is a different colour?

While I'm deliberating on it I know it's going to sell out in my size (just like the sodding boots I put in my basket in TK Maxx the other day, grrr)

Tailz Mon 02-Sep-13 21:49:28

Ooh get it - honestly. I like the fact that its light, warm, waterproof and the ties/cords in the middle give it shape ie it doesn't hang and make you appear 5 x larger than you are.

The colour is great - its blue and black I think ie it's not a solid blue.

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 21:55:58

Argh! Ok, have ordered it. Free delivery as it's over £50 so if I don't like it I can always take it back to the store.

Can't really afford it though, DH has just seen me with my credit card - "what you ordering?"

"oh, just jacket.."

I like the sound of blue and black. I did really like the fit of the grey on in the store but it was too pale for me and made me look washed out.

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 21:57:15

(please no one now say something rude about this coat!)

Tailz Mon 02-Sep-13 22:07:20

Honestly, I tried on 9 or 10 coats in store. I love a duvet style padded long coat as I do a lot of walking and need to be warm but really wanted something with more shape.

I like it but as you said, if you change your mind you can easily pop it back to a store.

slurredlines Mon 02-Sep-13 22:12:42

Hurray! Thanks tallz, I look forward to it arriving!

RubyLovesShopping Mon 02-Sep-13 22:13:21

I think I have seen this in store if so it is two toned because the fabric looks a different colour depending on how the light catches it almost a metallic sheen holograph type effect if that makes sense. I saw it in dark grey not two tone too and was tempted.

slurredlines Tue 03-Sep-13 07:44:35

Thanks ruby

AwkwardSquad Tue 03-Sep-13 09:54:10

It looks good! Go for it, you can always take it back if it doesn't work when it arrives.

I've just snagged a Merrell winter coat from TKMaxx, I'm well chuffedsmile

Zoe909 Tue 03-Sep-13 11:05:47

I like it! I'm a size ten and could look a bit barrellish in the wrong coat because I am only five foot

slurredlines Tue 03-Sep-13 12:04:05

hmm, good point zoe. am 5ft6 so should hopefully be ok..

slurredlines Thu 05-Sep-13 10:24:54

This just arrived and I love it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now