Does this cosmetic even exist?

(28 Posts)
dizzy77 Mon 02-Sep-13 19:45:58

A foundation that isn't a foundation. Something I can "rub on" (more like a moisturiser) rather than carefully apply, ie I wouldn't look a wally if I did it in the dark. I'm not after coverage, more just an even-ing/brightening up, so it may not even need pigment, particularly as my fair skin seems hard to match.

I used to use Clinique Almost Make Up RIP which still needed a bit of application. Tinted moisturisers I tried in the past (before I found AMM years ago) were unsatisfactory otherwise, though a) I was trying mostly high street brands rather than anything from a counter and b) it was a v long time ago.

Presumably technology has moved on. I like the consistency of the stuff that comes out of my airbrush concealer. What should I try? Don't want to spend £££ if I can help it unless its the holy grail. TIA.

Leviticus Mon 02-Sep-13 20:32:02

BB cream?

BroodyTroody Mon 02-Sep-13 20:34:24

I've just found the Body Shop BB Cream, and it seems to do exactly what you are looking for.

My advice however would be to really choose the shade carefully- I bought a medium and when the assistant tested it on my jaw line it was the perfect colour, but when I put it onto my forehead, it looks quite orange on my hairline.

Hope this helps!

DorisShutt Mon 02-Sep-13 20:39:14

BB cream!

I've got Bobbi Brown's (as I'm so pale that it's the only one that doesn't make me look like I've been tangoed!) and I just moisturise and then slap it on and rub it about.

Only need a tiny amount too!

dizzy77 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:26:17

I had wondered about BB cream thank you for the recommendations: will investigate. Troody will start with Body Shop! Hard time of year as I have a bit of colour from the sun though it has just occurred to me that maybe I should own more than one shade (duh!).

Silverstar2 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:27:28

I use The Body Shop Vitamin E tinted moisturiser on my very pale complexion, and also Max Factor and Olay tinted stuff too.

I LOVED Clinique Almost Make up too :-(

Perplexing Mon 02-Sep-13 23:34:50

Clinique CC cream?

Sparklysilversequins Tue 03-Sep-13 02:58:51

Garnier BB cream is the best I have tried.

Callmedreckly Tue 03-Sep-13 04:12:22

Garnier BB is great.

SorrelForbes Tue 03-Sep-13 07:04:58

La Roche Posay BB cream.

I love Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Ageing Cream Plus A Touch of Foundation SPF 15. It does everything and is pretty idiot proof. Shades are quite nice too.

PrincessKildare Tue 03-Sep-13 07:14:30

STOP THE PRESS. I have exactly what u are looking for. I too was in ur situation last week. I wanted something to cover the black bags under my eyes too. I was having a mosey round boots when the Lancôme lady asked me what I was looking for she introduced me to their new product it's called DREAMTOME. It comes in 3 different finishes and according to the instruction leaflet they are for different complexion issues. I got the 1 cos I have fair skin and its prone to redness. It's fantastic. It doesn't seem to have a colour as such but it most definately has changed the look of my skin and I have only been using it a week. As for my dark circles. What dark circles. It a lovely smell too an the bottles if tres posh. This is my new deserted island product. Only draw back is the price but in this case u defo get what u pay for.

Jaynebxl Tue 03-Sep-13 07:14:41

What is BB cream? I saw an ad for some and assumed it was just a made up name by 1 company but reading this thread it seems lots of companies make it. What does it stand for?

gaggiagirl Tue 03-Sep-13 07:26:50

Beauty balm I think jay

Eliza22 Tue 03-Sep-13 09:54:53

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser? Has spf 20. It's good.

Garnier 5 second blur is my saviour.

BB and CC creams are pretty good too - experiment to find which one looks best on your skin.

dizzy77 Tue 03-Sep-13 13:41:50

Wow thanks ladies. With no physical experience of any products like I am drawn to Bobbi Brown, Clinique and Laura Mercier (clearly the power of branding must stay strong )and the very enthusiastic review of the Lancôme product means I will have trouble staying away from the cosmetic counters!

Will see what I can find in the mid-range high street products whilst on maternity pay in the first instance bet I'll never quite be happy with it and wish I started with the spendy stuff. Thanks again.

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Tue 03-Sep-13 13:45:09

I've got Maybelline BB cream and I apply it without looking once I've moisturised. I've never had any issues with it needing to be blended etc.

(I have no idea why I do it without looking by the way, I just do!)

I use Benefit's That Gal for this, v subtle but makes a difference (and you can use it under foundation for when you want to make more effort).

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Tue 03-Sep-13 13:54:53

MyNameIs I've got some of that (part of a gift) and I don't know how to use it! Where do you apply it and how much?

valiumredhead Tue 03-Sep-13 14:34:10

Botanics bb cream from boots.

I'm a Laura mercier TM girl normally but was feeling tight one day so got zapped by the boots no7 girl to get perfect shade of their lightest foundation essentially natural in grey tube, its bloody brilliant for the money, have a try but get zapped I was their lightest beige shade but left to my own devices I would have wrongly got a lighter shade.

KittieCat Tue 03-Sep-13 20:50:32

Dr Jart BB cream is beyond amazing and fab for the price. I've tried lots of expensive BB creams as DH works in the beauty industry so I get tonnes of products to try.

Dr Jart is hands down my fave. Check out the reviews, too!

I like the Platinum one best:

m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Dr-Jart-/Dr-Jart-BB-Creams/

Deathwatchbeetle Wed 04-Sep-13 16:04:39

Got a sample tube of Dr Jart - did nothing for me....

slug Wed 04-Sep-13 16:50:05

Oh Yes. Dr Jart for the terminally cack handed and frighteningly pale among us.

Even I can manage it. Plus it's a factor 30 or something which, for the pale persons like me who burn at a picture of the sun, is very important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now