Best jeans for apple shape

(6 Posts)
loopyloou Mon 02-Sep-13 15:25:15

I'm 5 feet 7 and size 14, although losing weight. I have practically no waist and relatively small hips/bum, long legs. I don't like skinnies and am fed up of bootlegs. I'm thinking I might look for some straight leg jeans (boyfriend jeans make me look huge).

Any tips for non expensive jeans that might suit - with Lycra preferably? The last couple of pairs I've bought have been DP jeans, but regular are too short and long too long!

15thnamechange Mon 02-Sep-13 20:46:31

Try gap, is my fallback for jeans when all else fails.

I was going to suggest DP straight leg as I am the same shape as you and they fit me really well. I am 5'6" and a 10L is fine on me. Have you tried the straight leg ones, maybe they come up shorter than the bootcut?

Fat face are cut for apples ime

wrigglebum Mon 02-Sep-13 22:02:37

I have no waist either and got recommended Next jeans. I got the ones that are supposed to be flattering on your bum, more expensive than the others at £45 but not bad compared to the £85 Levi's I'd been considering.

They are some of the only jeans I don't have to keep hoiking up. They are also a good height- not too hipster but not too high.

loopyloou Mon 02-Sep-13 22:32:26

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look.

I've never tried Gap or Fat Face jeans. It's a long time since I've had Next jeans too.

Recently I've just had DP bootleg and New Look bootleg and DP skinnies, but I am always hoiking them up and have gone off bootleg.

I'll go into DP and try their straights too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now