Back-less trainer-type shoes from donkeys' years ago!

(21 Posts)
JellyBelly10 Sat 31-Aug-13 20:33:39

This probably shouldn't be in S&B as I'm digging up fashions from over 10 years ago! Back in 2002 (I remember the year because I remember the holiday I wore them on) I bought a pair of slip on, backless shoes that were Nike or some other famous trainer make. They looked sort of like trainers at the front and had trainer-like soles but had no backs so you slipped them on like mules. They cost a bloody fortune at the time but I wore them to death and loved them. They were so comfortable and looked casual without looking sporty. Do such things exist these days???

SundaySimmons Sat 31-Aug-13 21:25:46

My ex had a pair that he wore for years until they wore away, he loved them that much, they were his favourite summer shoe! I can't remember the name, they were leather.

I haven't seen anyone wear them for a long time but you would probably find some on ebay.

EricIsMine Sat 31-Aug-13 23:08:13

Converse had something similar last year ... You may find some on EBay?

peasandlove Sat 31-Aug-13 23:41:38

didnt skechers do them?

herethereandeverywhere Sat 31-Aug-13 23:58:59

I had a pair by Merrell sort of like THIS?

It's on a US site, not sure if you can get anything like that in the UK though

Beaverfeaver Sun 01-Sep-13 00:06:31

I had a pair of blue ones from Diesel.
They were my favourite summer casual shoe, but they wore out.
If only I could find another pair.

They were so comfy!

I've still got a pair of Merrell's like these in blue. I still have them, absolutely love them and they're about 10 years old.

aftermay Sun 01-Sep-13 07:21:15

I remember them. I never saw the point of them TBH but seems they had a purpose.

colleysmill Sun 01-Sep-13 07:26:55

I have a pair of red Kickers like this!.

They were a god send after I had ds via emcs and couldnt bend down for what seemed like weeks. Slip on slip off with baby in arms.

I still have them but sadly they are literally falling to pieces and I use them for nipping outside to the garage!

JellyBelly10 Sun 01-Sep-13 19:45:45

Thanks all, the Merrell ones are good....I'll start Ebaying now!

papalazaru Sun 01-Sep-13 22:26:06

Skechers
Skechers

aftermay Sun 01-Sep-13 22:49:35

They'll never be a thing of beauty smile

Raeray Sun 01-Sep-13 23:17:12

I had a pair like this made by vans - if you wanted another brand to try.

Snatchoo Sun 01-Sep-13 23:19:03

I had some of those.

I wore them till they stunk to high heaven grin

Other than that terrifying piece of news, I can't help!

Eastpoint Mon 02-Sep-13 06:38:40

I had a really nice Prada Sport pair & they were only £105 or so, surprisingly cheap as I think Puma were about £65.

googietheegg Mon 02-Sep-13 06:43:41

I had a grey pair from clarks.

lancarra1 Mon 02-Sep-13 07:30:33

I have a new pair from sketchers admittedly from qatar, not sure if available here.

I had some Clarks shoes like that.
Black
Elastic strap on the back
I wore them to go to the swimming pool.

Made my feet STINK
I've got some FlyFlot mules. Like the ones they wear in the operating theatres in hospitals.

Fell over in the garden and nearly broke my arms (over a year later I still have pain in my arms )

Not a fan grin

Floralnomad Mon 02-Sep-13 09:43:28

I have a sketchers pair that I wear to work ,I got them from Westfield just before the Olympics . So comfortable .

JellyBelly10 Mon 02-Sep-13 11:18:30

papalazaru those Skechers ones are perfect, thank you!

papalazaru Mon 02-Sep-13 12:08:59

You're welcome! I too used to have a pair so I'm almost inspired to get another. Merrell encore ice are great too but don't seem to be available here at a decent price. I got mine three years ago in the US and have worn them to destruction sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now