Here we go again - last minute panic, opinions on dress PLEASE!

(18 Posts)
furryfriends57 Thu 29-Aug-13 20:43:37

I know there are loads of threads and please can I add another one. DD2s christening is on sunday and she is still very unsettled so haven't had time to thrawl the shops for something to wear until today. Very little to chosse from and best I could find is this euro.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpeu/product/dresses-742132/brands-at-dp-1920034/closet-742291/blackwhite-polka-full-dress-1996329?refinements=category~%5b337438%7c1160695%5d&bi=1&ps=200. I'm not entirely comfortable in it as have been cursed with big norks (32F) so round neck not the best and am 42 so feel a bit mutton dressed as lamb. Any opinions for or against appreciated to help me make up my mind as am in a tizz. Thanks so much thanks

I think it's really cute! What are you going to wear it with? smile

furryfriends57 Thu 29-Aug-13 23:42:10

Oh thanks a mil for your reply, was beginning to despair that there wouldn't be any! Plan was to put it with black heels, weather good at the moment so wasnt going to wear a jacket or cardi. Still a bit iffy re magnifying what are already bloody huge norks but that could be my warped image of them, do you think the style makes them look bigger.

mirpuppet Thu 29-Aug-13 23:58:50

It is a lovely dress.

Enjoy the christening!

furryfriends57 Fri 30-Aug-13 00:10:49

so nice to see +ve opinions - anyone got an opinion on whether it suits large norks and a 42 year old...... Thanks again.

I replied but my computer decided not to post it hmm. I reckon the cut and pattern of the dress will flatter the large norkage and the dress will be lovely with some nice black heels. Will be crossing my fingers for some good weather for you! grin

LadyMilfordHaven Fri 30-Aug-13 07:56:34

Why are you shopping there?

LadyMilfordHaven Fri 30-Aug-13 07:57:08

Your tits will look huge and you'll look lie mini mouse. NOWAY. That's for a 20 year old.

furryfriends57 Fri 30-Aug-13 09:56:02

Thanks for replies. Oh Ladymilfordhaven, had to laugh when I saw your reply, its what I love about MN!! Well someone would be happy as DD1 loves Minnie Mouse hmm

Arisbottle Fri 30-Aug-13 10:02:50

I think the neckline is a bit high if you have large boobs.

As a fellow big boobed woman, I wouldn't wear it, and at 30 I think it's a bit young for me!

What colours do you like? What size are you and how tall?

blibblibs Fri 30-Aug-13 16:45:57

I'm a 32F and would happily wear it - if only I had decent enough legs!

Jewels234 Sat 31-Aug-13 00:08:56

I love it, perfect for a christening smile

TheBleedinObvious Sat 31-Aug-13 01:43:36

Hello,

I don't want to upset you but I had to post. I really don't think this dress is suited to large breasts at all.

Scoop necks and v necks are better at giving balance to the upper body if you have large breasts.

Also it is quite short and with big breasts I think it will add to it looking very "heavy" in the top half.

Tbh I don't think this dress would be very flattering to many people. Only thin women with small breasts.

If you don't have time to shop for another maybe you could try it with a cardigan? This might help bring some balance to the "top heaviness"?

TheBleedinObvious Sat 31-Aug-13 01:45:50

Also I think it is too short (89cms) for 35+ year olds unless you are shorter than 5.3ft?

liquidstate Sat 31-Aug-13 10:03:47

I am 41 and just bought this. Looks fab with my big boobs!

http://www.oasis-stores.com/cherry-print-wrap-dress/dresses/oasis/fcp-product/3190368319

I like the dress you have but I tend to avoid the high necks as I think they make my boobs look bigger. But then I have a friend who has large boobs and she looks fab with high neck dresses so it depends on the rest of your body shape I guess?

Enjoy Sunday.

MissDD1971 Sat 31-Aug-13 11:00:16

liquidstate - I love your dress - what a bargain at 35 GBP!

Oasis also do some nice dresses not in their usual brand a big narked colleague of mine got one for her grandson's christening.

However I'd sort of prefer a prettier dress, something along lines of Phase Eight one. They do good dresses for boobs etc. But that's just me and if it were my DD's christening I'd want to spend bit more.

furryfriends57 Wed 04-Sep-13 22:09:56

Hi All, so sorry been mia these last few days, so flipping busy with 2 under 2. Thanks for all your advice, my gut instinct was that it didn't suit me hence the post here. In the end I went with my gut and didn't wear it, instead I wore a dressy maxi dress I already had and as the day was super summery it worked out well. Thanks again for all your honest opinions and helping me decide. FF57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now