Anyone tried Canespro?

(20 Posts)
Ujjayi Tue 27-Aug-13 21:32:34

Ugh....This conversation is neither stylish nor beautiful sadly. However, I need to address the nail infection I have and have just paid a small fortune for a Canespro treatment set. Just wondering if anyone has used it and can reassure me that it is worth the £30......

Ujjayi Wed 28-Aug-13 09:43:41

Nobody?

Feeling way too self conscious now blush am I the only MNer with a manky toe?

Well I began the treatment last night anyway and if anyone is remotely interested I shall report back smile

Lurleene Wed 04-Sep-13 22:28:43

Ujjay - how is it going, do you have anything to report thus far?

Lurleene Wed 04-Sep-13 22:29:24

I mean Ujjayi, sorry.

MayimBialik Sat 07-Sep-13 18:56:05

I'm interested in hearing how you got on... Any update?

yes hows it going op?

ive been using it on 2 toes for a month now blush though not sure you're supposed to use it that long blush blush

ive read reviews where they all say that their nails fell off... well mine hasnt done that. they've kind of gone a bright white kind of colour... and im not sure its that normal and i should stop using it now? <boggles> there's not much info on the net about it that i can find

my big toe however is quite sore... as my skin keeps falling off now gross i know! and not just around the nail area but underneath too

polyhymnia Tue 15-Oct-13 17:10:38

My chiropodist whom I trust 100% says that for a really severe fungal infection, only prescribed medication will do the trick.

my gp has only ever given me curanail and refuses to give me anything else. i used it for just over 2 years and it did bugger all... and now i have 2 nails infected instead of just 1 little one angry

couldnt really spare the £30... but i was desparate! sad

polyhymnia Tue 15-Oct-13 18:40:27

Oh, how annoying. My chiropodist warned me GPs are often reluctant to prescribe the more effective oral stuff on the NHS- expensive, I guess. Am just about to try my GP, so we'll see.

see i dont understand that at all. ive been given 3 lots of curanail in total... surely it would be cheaper just to give the good stuff first? its £20 a time if you buy it from a chemist so if we're going by that, then thats £60... surely the good stuff doesnt cost that much?

though it could cost £100 for all i know grin

good luck with your gp

polyhymnia Tue 15-Oct-13 20:55:51

Thanks.

Niceglo17 Thu 10-Apr-14 20:13:15

Yes, I have used Canespro. All 10 of my toe nails had progressively become totally infected over years and I did not have much joy at getting treatment that stopped the progression. I got to the point where I would not wear open toe shoes. However, last summer I saw Canespro and decided to try it. I saw an improvement within a few days of use - it started to remove the thick, thick layers I had. This alone brought relief in that my toes felt better sitting in my shoes. I also realised that it would take more than 1 packet of Canespro to make a difference. My toes were so infected that I had no decent nail left and was left with skin. The nails grew back over a few months but still infected. I did another box of treatment, but did not continue it due to other circumstances.
However, I now have healthy nail growing through on my two big toes!! I might get to use toeless shoes this year! I am currently re-treating the other nails, there is very little fungal nail to remove and I am so glad after such a long time to get my nails back. I was worried about the cost, but it has been worth it.

robertsleigh Wed 21-May-14 13:34:30

Ok girls. My name is Rob and I have the same problem. I read on an American mens site the following. File the nail down on the surface as much as you dare then dab TEATREE oil on with a cotton bud. Apparently it worked for him in 2 months. I am now trying the same and hopefully it will work. Good luck ladies. X

lucky9381 Wed 31-Dec-14 16:26:29

Hi, for anyone who came across this review via a Google search (like I did), here are some points from my experience if using Canespro. I've had a nail infection for over 10 years and this is the first product where there are genuine signs of improvement. You will almost certainly know how Canespro works so I'm just going to list two important points from my experience. Firstly, if you have more than one nail infected there are nowhere near enough plasters. It would be good if you could buy more, but I just had to buy generic plasters and cut them to size. Secondly, the scraping tool is useless. I purchased an electric nail file from an auction site for £9.00 (its a bit like a pen shaped drill with a sanding bit on the end). I used this instead of the scraper and it was far more effective at wearing down the softened nail and it also gave my much better control over how much nail I removed. In my opinion the product would not have worked as well without the electric file.

I've almost removed all of the infected nail so will start applying the anit-fungal cream soon. I've been using Canespro for about 3 weeks and will have to use the anti-fungal cream for another 3 weeks. I've removed a fair bit of my nails and won't know for sometime if these products have worked. I'll come back in six months and update the review if the treatment has been a success, but I'm fairly optimistic...fingers crossed!

shortcouture Wed 08-Apr-15 15:53:22

after over 10 years with an infected nail I'd tried all the over the counter remedies. Canespro sounded great but was fantastically expensive, so I researched it.

I spent £5.50 on Flexitol Heel Balm, and used micropore tape (no special plasters) and a small penknife. Flexitol has the same main active ingredient as canespro and does the same thing, it puts moisture into the nail. The rotten infected part becomes soft and can be cut or scraped away. This took about 5 days. Now I use Daktarin Aktiv everyday to keep the infection away and I have a healthy nail growing back - can't tell you how pleased I am. I have before and after pictures too!

leedy Wed 08-Apr-15 16:01:47

This thread is fascinatingly gross.

DP has a repulsive infected toenail, I must get him to try the Flexitol trick as I think I have some at home. You basically put the Flexitol on, tape over it, and then scrape/file off the manky nail?

shortcouture Thu 09-Apr-15 11:55:58

@Leedy yes that's it. Do it at least once a day. Depending on how think your infected nail is, it may take longer to start softening it. You may not be able to scrape/cut away for the first day or two. But it will work. Don't forget to use the Daktarin (after all the rotten nail is gone) whilst new nail grows, or the infection may come back.

Bekb3an Mon 18-Apr-16 14:07:24

Hi
I've used the flexitol and daktarin and I now have lovely healthy toenails growing in. I started treating about 10 months ago (big toenails) so be prepared for a long wait.

susmiff Thu 29-Sep-16 20:50:57

I've bought Canespro to treat my daughters toe nail, we have had the usual stuff from the GP with no improvement whatsoever. My question is to those who have used this treatment, once the nail comes off will she be able to go on pointe for Ballet?

alicewhatsthematter Fri 30-Sep-16 09:57:14

After years of using prescribed paint on treatments (nails dropping off and growing thin with use) i bit the bullet and asked for Terbinafine. I found this worked within weeks and would never mess about with paint treatments again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now