waterproof, Brown leather, bouncy, comfy knee boots

(52 Posts)
wordassociationfootball Tue 27-Aug-13 13:38:12

Might need to replace the brilliant ecco boots I've had for six years. Ecco don't seem to make such bouncy ones any more. They are as comfortably bouncy as my asics trainers. Prepared to spend ££ for the right ones that will last.

Reading this back, I think bouncy is key smile

SmokedMackerel Tue 27-Aug-13 13:40:22

Can't help, I'm afraid, but they sound brilliant, so watching with interest...

FeetStreet Tue 27-Aug-13 13:43:54

I came on to say ecco! I got a brilliant pair from tkmaxx last autumn with natural rubber soles which bounced along brilliantly!

shrinkingnora Tue 27-Aug-13 13:59:58
wordassociationfootball Tue 27-Aug-13 14:06:29

Nearly shrinkingnora. Less clumpy of heel though.

shrinkingnora Tue 27-Aug-13 14:19:43

Dammit. I now really want those boots and am broke. Gah.

MrsMeow Tue 27-Aug-13 17:29:41

Fly London ?

I have these and they're v bouncy!

Clarks?

I have two pairs of their gore-tex boots and am v happy with them.

MorrisZapp Tue 27-Aug-13 18:11:43

Love the DMs. Fly London are not waterproof ime, in fact the seem to leach water up through the soles, even when it's not raining and the ground is just a tad damp.

shrinkingnora Tue 27-Aug-13 19:25:05

I do have some lovely DM ones with a smaller heel but can't see any like them on line. And some really nice Cat ones. My friend got some from timberland that she walks miles in.

shrinkingnora Tue 27-Aug-13 19:35:58
wordassociationfootball Tue 27-Aug-13 20:42:22

shrinkingn, warmer or colder... warmer. BUT I'm not seeing boingy boingy bounce, sorry.

so accidentprone. Not laces but ta. MorrisZ that's not good about the rainwater on the flys...

NotAsTired Tue 27-Aug-13 20:47:21

Another pair of DMs, definitely looks boing boing but not knee length. Has got really good reviews on amazon too.

wordassociationfootball Wed 28-Aug-13 18:41:26

Ladyintheradiator! Realised in middle of last night that I didn't respond about the Clarks Neeve Anns. They tick so many of the boxes, that's brilliant, I'd have to see them in real life - there's something a bit slick about them. I don't know if that will make sense. Ideally knee rather than calf length but they're deffo ones to follow up.

Ooh notastired. Keen. What do you think of these? Something about wearing safety boots turns me on (weird?) store.drmartens.co.uk/p-8269-dr-martens-rosa-st-boot.aspx

NotAsTired Wed 28-Aug-13 18:58:41

Oh, those are like industrial strength boots, aren't they? Don't take shit off anyone type of boots. Do you think they would be boingy?

shrinkingnora Wed 28-Aug-13 18:59:45
shrinkingnora Wed 28-Aug-13 19:01:06

Riggers? Safety boots sound fun but they're not if you have small feet - really hard to find anything in my size and the soles don't bend very well. Luckily I only have to wear them a few days a week!

Doc Martens are super boingy!

pudtat Wed 28-Aug-13 19:29:33

Always found Romika good in the wet if a shorter length works...

pudtat Wed 28-Aug-13 19:31:23

That should link to the Sandra 09 but doesn't hmm. Does have a whole search feature for waterproof boots though... Mine from 3 years ago are very boingy but they don't have a direct equivalent.

MorrisZapp Wed 28-Aug-13 22:37:08

Love all the boots on this thread.

LadyBigtoes Thu 29-Aug-13 08:40:49

Keen are good for warm, waterproof, brown and bouncy boots. I've bought the clara boots for autumn - they are actually not fully waterproof so I'm going to spray-proof them, but some of the others are e.g. the Silverton. However, all the keen boots and shoes I've had are super-comfy and bouncy!

Can't add links but bought last year Merrel provez think they were called, knee length almost, fir lined, lace and zip up fir my calves and very waterproof and super comfy fir mikes of school/preschool walking with the pram. With my Merrel Wakefield coat and these boots I only have about 8 inches gap if jeans to get wet!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now