I've never bought anything from Cos but looking at the website, I like that grim aesthetic. Any views?

(73 Posts)
moondog Sun 25-Aug-13 19:22:17

??

Trills Sun 25-Aug-13 19:24:36

Grim?

moondog Sun 25-Aug-13 19:25:19

Yes, all sort of pared down and Spartan.

I've got a few really lovely things from there, and I love their jewellery too. The dresses are far too long and austere for me though.

moondog Sun 25-Aug-13 19:30:05

I saw a great sweater in either the Telegraph or Guardian yesterday from there. Prices good too.
Are they going after that I am a fashion lecturer married to an architect and dwelling in an industrial unit look? I quite like it.
It's considerably cheaper than other faux austere outfits like Toast.

moondog Sun 25-Aug-13 19:31:02

Just checked out the jewellery Remus.
Great.

Just be aware that most of the rings come up really, really small (and I have v skinny fingers).

mashpot Sun 25-Aug-13 19:32:22

Half my wardrobe is from Cos, its not all grim and austere and they do brilliant work dresses, and sweater dresses actually. Lovely necklaces too, seconded

noddyholder Sun 25-Aug-13 19:32:32

I love it am dressed in cos stuff today I love that austere plain look.

noddyholder Sun 25-Aug-13 19:33:03

Agree re the jewellery bought a nice necklace there a few weeks ago silver with a copper ring

I love cos, just a bit different and great for work dresses, I agree mashpot, they have some unusual and well cut things.

MrsMongoose Sun 25-Aug-13 19:34:16

Cos is lovely. You do know its the sister company to H&M?

TweenageAngst Sun 25-Aug-13 19:35:34

I adore COS unfortunately it is just not cut for my body shape and it looks shit on me.

Trills Sun 25-Aug-13 19:35:45

Links to the grimness and grittiness?

KosherBacon Sun 25-Aug-13 19:37:15

I think you have to have a certain body shape for cos or you run the risk of looking like you are dressed in a bin bag. At 5ft 4" and a 14/16 it makes me look like I'm wearing a potato sack.

I have found the quality to be very hit and miss. I've had some fantastic bits from there, but also stuff that was fit for rags after a few wears. It can also be a bit of a PITA searching through the more 'directional' stuff to find that great pair of cropped trousers etc.

Parmarella Sun 25-Aug-13 19:39:49

I cannot wear any of their stuff, so unflattering on me

Linkies to convince me I am wrong???

LifeofPo Sun 25-Aug-13 19:41:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

willilearn Sun 25-Aug-13 19:42:39

i LOVE Cos...have a few items from there which are all excellent quality. alot of their stuff is too trendy for me though. Its owned by H&M i think.

LifeofPo Sun 25-Aug-13 19:43:13

This is the best thing I've got from there. Absolutely love it.

noddyholder Sun 25-Aug-13 19:44:22

I am wearingthis today it is a lovely colour and fabric picture looks terrible I think you need to try on! Andthis with white skinnies and straw high wedges. I love cos!

LifeofPo Sun 25-Aug-13 19:45:34

Why is the model standing like a toddler that needs a wee?

Oh x post po! Yes exactly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now