Do you like this skirt, or is it too Dennis the Menace?

(14 Posts)
Kezztrel Sun 25-Aug-13 16:07:35

Here. Tried it on in the shop and it's good thick material and nicely high waisted (and not as far above the knee on me as it is on the model as I'm not tall.)

Elsiequadrille Sun 25-Aug-13 16:19:46

It's not too bad, not very Dennis the Menace.

Ooh I do like those shoes in the photo, sorry just had to add (wondering if they sell those).

Elsiequadrille Sun 25-Aug-13 16:20:53

They don't sad

Kezztrel Sun 25-Aug-13 16:22:40

Not sure Elsie but I have some very similar from Barratts, assuming the model's ones are flat. They are much nicer than they look on the Barratts website!

Kezztrel Sun 25-Aug-13 16:22:53

xpost smile

Kezztrel Sun 25-Aug-13 16:24:10

(I have the'suede' version btw - very beautiful but the shop lady recommended I don't go out in the rain in them - guess you don't get amazing quality in £20 shoes!)

Elsiequadrille Sun 25-Aug-13 16:27:06

Thank you thanks
Yes, I think they are pointed ballet flats (sorry for hijack!)

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 25-Aug-13 16:30:36

It's a lovely skirt (it would look terrible on me) but it doesn't go well with that blue shirt she is wearing, imo. It doesn't look DtM at all to me, but you'd have to think what top to wear it with...Black would be good, with black shoes.

Kezztrel Sun 25-Aug-13 16:34:37

Am not a fan of denim shirts anyway yegods, was thinking of wearing it with a very dark navy, cropped-ish crew neck jumper if it's cold, or some kind of nice slouchy tshirt tucked in.

Love it - it is a bit D the M but that is no bad thing imho. smile

Kezztrel Mon 26-Aug-13 08:37:52

Got it - couldn't resist with free delivery over the bank hol smile Just noticed size 12 has sold out already and it only went online a couple of days ago! Wonder if some of those were MNers...

How long is it OP? I like it but would need it to be knee length on my 5'4 self!

MarshaBrady Mon 26-Aug-13 08:48:50

I really like it.

Kezztrel Mon 26-Aug-13 09:11:28

I don't think it would be knee length Amber - I'm 5'5" and it's a couple of inches above my knees. Although, I was wearing it quite high around my waist, so maybe you could get it to knee length by wearing it a bit lower. Not sure how that would affect the fit and shape. The sizing is standard anyway, so anyone interested just get your usual size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now