'wet' look foundation? I think I mean 'dewy'?

(13 Posts)
ImFineThankYou Fri 23-Aug-13 19:59:36

I have tried every quite a few foundations and still can't get it right.
Current fave but not perfect is ysl touché eclait foundation but it's still not 'wet' enough looking.
I would like something that has a really really dewy finish but still covers well.
Any ideas?

ImFineThankYou Fri 23-Aug-13 20:00:11

Ooh or is there something I can add to make it more dewy? Have tried beauty flash but that makes it cover less.

Bronx Fri 23-Aug-13 20:02:15

Try Bourjois Healthy Mix, I find it nice and dewy.
It sounds like you want one that makes you look sweaty rather than dewy though grin

ImFineThankYou Fri 23-Aug-13 20:04:46

It does doesn't it?! grin is the bourgeois one 'wetter' than ysl? I just find they all end up looking powdery after a little while. I don't want a great big disco ball face, just a lasting glow. You know, not asking much wink

ygritte Fri 23-Aug-13 20:35:32

I have tried a sample of the new Clarins BB stuff and it gives that effect. When i went back to my foundation it seemed very powdery and flakey. Sadly it's £28, but I have spent double that on mid-range foundations in the hunt for a cheap substitute.

andadietcoke Fri 23-Aug-13 20:38:20

I like the Laura Mercier illuminating primer under YSL Teint Éclat. Definitely dewy and not sweaty.

Lighthousekeeping Fri 23-Aug-13 20:39:40

The Bobbi Brown one. Or any if you put this under it www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/178/364/Strobe-Cream/index.tmpl it knocks ten years off you!

SundaySimmons Fri 23-Aug-13 20:51:10

Leichner.

I can't use it because I don't want to look dewy.

Quodlibet Fri 23-Aug-13 20:55:24

Chanel Vitalumiere is good, if expensive.

ImFineThankYou Fri 23-Aug-13 21:33:54

Ygritte does the Clarins bb cover well? Does it have the Clarins 'smell'?

ImFineThankYou Fri 23-Aug-13 21:36:14

Lighthouse- is the strobe cream glittery at all?

ArcticRoll Fri 23-Aug-13 22:00:54

Agree with andadietcoke about LM Illuminating primer and YSL Teint Éclat.

Lighthousekeeping Fri 23-Aug-13 22:04:10

No, it's not glittery. My make up artist friend swears by it. Just don't put it on your bags under your eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now