A new princessing/defrumpi ng/groomed challenge

(408 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Fri 23-Aug-13 18:09:30

So last year on 15th September I started a thread about a 100 day challenge to take us up to Christmas.

There are a few people who are interested in another try this year so this is a preliminary thread to see who's interested and people can gather any things they want. I'm sure most of us have a few face masks and things lying around.

This year I think we should include a defrumping element to the challenge which will focus more on clothes.

The grooming element is about putting the whole look together.

Am I making things too complicated??

Links

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1559450-Anyone-interested-in-a-100-day-Princessing-challenge
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1564701-The-100-day-challenge
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1771443-Fuck-I-look-like-a-middle-aged-frump
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1406737-How-to-be-groomed

The first link has the guidelines for princessing but there are no guidelines for defrumping and grooming.

I have a 13 day old DD so might not always get a chance to come on but will do my best to keep things up to date.

So are people in?

Danceasifnooneswatching Mon 02-Sep-13 12:46:05

Had a pedicure and eyebrow wax and going for a run later smile am liking this already.

Christiane I think it would be a good compromise but def do the end stretches and warm up. Maybe fit in 5 mins of crunches and planks first thing and a few jumping jacks? And then go for it at weekend?

( new thread started but thought I'd reply here so you found it on Threads Im On)

INeedSomeHelp Sun 01-Sep-13 10:16:26

All I've managed so far today is having breakfast - bran flakes with yogurt, raspberries and blueberries. Have also taken my iron tablet.
I am hobbling about like a 90 year old woman today after boot camp yesterday. I do love it but there's only about one day a week just now when I'm not aching. Think I might try having a massage to see if that helps.
I don't have funds to do much for another few weeks so I'm mostly planning. First thing will be to bin all greying, badly fitting underwear and get along to Bravissimo for a bit of a spree.
Going to go for a bath now and will body brush, deep condition hair, defuzz to within an inch of my life!

Cristiane Sun 01-Sep-13 08:08:12

trucksanddinosaurs I've done ripped in 30 and shred on and off but it sounds like 6 week 6 pack could be the next thing for me. I am VERY pushed for time in the weekday evenings and mornings but do you think one circuit every evening would be effective or do you have to do two?

I could probably manage a full session at weekends

HelgatheHairy Sun 01-Sep-13 07:33:33

As its Sunday 1st September I have set up a new thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1840729-Operation-Renovation-aka-The-Christmas-Countdown

Please ONLY post on the new thread.

I'd like to join please. I need to lose a stone (I've been trying to lose it since DS was born nearly four years ago). And I could also do with some serious defrumping. Will try to start tomorrow although we have friends over for drinks tomorrow evening. But it's still the weekend, right? So booze is allowed...?

Karbea Sat 31-Aug-13 23:47:29

Ok today hasn't been too brilliant but hey, last day before the big push!

Today

diet
-
exercise
-
grooming
1) teeth - flossed/mouthwash
2) full eve routine

defrumping
-

Tomorrows objectives

diet
1) protein drink for breakfast
exercise
2) PT session
grooming
1) properly blow dry and style hair
2) body moisturise/scrub
3) teeth - flossed/mouthwash
4) eve routine
5) face mask
6) overnight hair mask

defrumping
-

stuff to order
1) vitamins

Think ill probably add a few new things everyday, think I'm more likely to stick to it that way. Good luck everyone!

Salt was iodised table/cooking salt.

6 week 6 pack is high intensity interval DVD with vast amounts of planks and sit up variations revved up with cardio; it's very fast and targets core strength and builds overall strength with body weight resistance, a dumbbell and burns fat because of the speed.

2 x one fifteen min circuit.
2 levels each done for 5 x week for 3 weeks.
Level one on YouTube.

I would say it is harder than level 3 shred but if you've just done whole shred you'd be in great place to do it next.

Fancy joining me? I started a thread in exercise section to log results...

lucysmam Sat 31-Aug-13 22:38:58

What does 6week 6pack involve Trucks?

And....what sort of salt did you use to exfoliate?

NumTumDeDum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:37:03

Well I've had the day from hell with the children but in between tantrums and crying fits, I have bought some nice foundation by Clarins and found a set of Lonsdale hand weights in the charity shop for a tenner. So finally I can now shred with weights instead of jars of curry sauce. I tried tins but they're only 400g and the sauce 600g. Dd was a bit baffled by me waving the sauce around.

Am intrigued by the detoll?

I have
Done 6 week 6 pack work out day 2 ( finished Shred)
Swum and about to swim again
Used salt to exfoliate bum and thigh goosebumps!
Going out tonight in nice new jeans and heels
Had salad for lunch
Shaved legs and moisturised all over
Reached my goal weight and now resetting goal

CatAmongThePigeons Sat 31-Aug-13 22:25:42

I need to join back in with this. Is tomorrow the starting point? Have lemons and some vitamins, but I must get some hair dye and serum as Ive ran out. Will do UFC on the Xbox until I can get my laptop working again as I can't connect my phone to the TV to get you tube.

I need to find out when the college is back in to book hair and beauty appointments and find the money to pay for all this

ThunderbumsMum Sat 31-Aug-13 21:54:05

Can I join you? I lost half a stone last week by low carbing, I look almost human again and really should pay more attention to grooming.

HelgatheHairy Sat 31-Aug-13 21:45:35

Can't remember if I posted today, possibly not. Well I had my first trip out of the house on my own in 3 weeks today. I needed decent nursing bras as I had 2 from Debenhams which were rubbish. Got 4 in total from Mothercare (Debenhams and Mothercare are the only shops available).

As DD had fallen asleep after her morning feed I ran without having breakfast. And picked up cupcakes while I was out so had a Guinness & bailys cupcake for breakfast. Not the best. Haven't done well with water either today. Did exfoliate my face though and had an hours nap.

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 31-Aug-13 21:40:02

Can I join in smile
I did bootcamp this morning cycled there and back 4miles each way so that todays excercise.
Went shopping and brought new make up that I was running out of also picked up footner already had my feet in the socks let the peeling commence.
Eyebrows been threaded today not had them done in about 8 weeks. Defuzzed legs while in the bath moisturized all over.

Karbea Sat 31-Aug-13 21:37:02

yami please don't post any pictures!

TheYamiOfYawn Sat 31-Aug-13 21:25:29

Footner update (avoid if you are squeamish about feet):

It's been 48 hours since I wore the socks, and I am starting to see the effects. My feet actually look scarier, and the skin us starting to peel off in a couple of places. The best way I can describe the peeling is to say that it is like very bad sunburn, only without the redness, heat and pain. The peeling areas are very small at the moment, only a cm or so big. I suspect that it will really get going tomorrow.

lucysmam Sat 31-Aug-13 20:51:02

Yami thanks for the gibson tuck recommendation...will have to practise a bit as my sweepy fringe doesn't want to be pinned back tonight hmm and looks a bit odd just hanging ...but I will master it and then find something else. Think dd will like it too, she's always after me trying new stuff out on her hair.

WhatALark Sat 31-Aug-13 20:17:22

I'd love to join in, if I may. I've read through the thread and you lot inspired me to do my first ever 30 day shred today (I'm seriously feeling it now). I've also done my nails and tried the hot oil method on my face. I feel a bit greasy.

I came out of an abusive relationship back in March. The first few months were all about settling into my new life with my DS. Life is so, so much better than it was, and now I'm ready to actually start spending some time looking after myself.

I'm naturally skinny, but have lost too much weight over the last couple of years - I want to beef up a bit and develop some muscles. Do you think the 30 day shred is actually right for me?

From tomorrow morning, I'm cutting out coffee. The plan is to eat breakfast instead. It's probably a wise idea to run on something other than caffeine until lunch. I'm going to try the lemon water too - DS is pretty full on first thing so I'm hoping it'll give me some zing... oh Christ, what am I letting myself in for? grin

Karbea Sat 31-Aug-13 19:57:44

Right - write!

Karbea Sat 31-Aug-13 19:51:11

Hello,

Been seriously hungover today, so have done nothing. But I've eaten the last kit kat and having a curry tonight (last supper).

I'm going to use up stuff before buying new and I'm definitely not buying new clothes till I'm thinner!
I need to sort out my autumn winter wardrobe and I need to order some vitamins, but apart from that I'm ready for tomorrow!
I need to right a list or two!

lucysmam Sat 31-Aug-13 19:37:11

The skinnies were a tenner shabby, they're not denim though, more a heavyweight jersey by the feel of them. & the jumpers look like a really fine knit. I spied a white jumper I liked too for a tenner...it had sparkly bits (like sparkle too grin ) ...I couldn't be arsed to try it on to see how short it was though. Some of the jumpers they had in seemed to be a cropped length & stop where the waist of trousers would start iyswim.

Last years boots were really nice, lace up ankle boots with a fur 'collar' bit around the top. (I don't know if it's called a collar but it'd make sense). Fancy some taller ones though this year. And must get my beautiful embroidered boots re-heeled too (don't wear them often but they are lovely just to look at)

TheYamiOfYawn Sat 31-Aug-13 19:32:12

I got a Bobble water bottle with a filter in, and have marked the sides with hourly intervals so I remember to drink enough water. 2 bottles of water, one big mug of hot water with lemon and 2 cups of herbal tea makes 2 litres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now