Is my fanjo in the wrong place? tmi!

(25 Posts)
TheBreastmilksOnMe Thu 22-Aug-13 23:18:01

Or is it the gusset? Ok, we all get secretions but why do mine never fall on the gusset part of the knickers? I always seem to find that they fall at the top of the gusset no matter which style I wear. Isn't that the point of a gusset? To catch any juices? Sorry about tmi! Is it my fanjo that's designed oddly or don't gussets cover enough knicker? Anyone else?

ohms11 Thu 22-Aug-13 23:35:22

lmao... I have the exact same issue. And there I thought it was only me... Perhaps I'm not misshapen after all.

PomBearArmy Thu 22-Aug-13 23:42:52

We're all different smile As long as it does what it's supposed to do, you're fine!

BurnThisDiscoDown Thu 22-Aug-13 23:43:03

I get the same thing! Kind of on the seam where the gusset meets the front. Thought I was just weird! grin

ohms11 Thu 22-Aug-13 23:47:05

Maybe we should start a "better fitting knicker" campaign to rival the bra folks...

Sarahplane Thu 22-Aug-13 23:56:56

I thought it was just me too

Quodlibet Thu 22-Aug-13 23:58:00

Snap. More so since being pg - I think my pants are sitting differently.

Hopasholic Thu 22-Aug-13 23:59:27

Let's put it to Mary Portas.

Call 'em: 'Juice Catchers'
or 'Fanjo Fresh Pants' or
'Minge Moppers?' grin

I get this too. Must be normal!

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Aug-13 00:11:28

You're all deformed weirdos. wink

SundaySimmons Fri 23-Aug-13 00:52:56

Jesus H Christ, you dirty mares!

If you 'secrete' the wear panty liners!

http://www.always-info.co.uk/product/liner/product-pantyliners.aspx

And I'm joking about calling you dirty mares!

SundaySimmons Fri 23-Aug-13 00:53:08
cafecito Fri 23-Aug-13 00:57:20

I don't get juicy knickers envy

TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 23-Aug-13 09:20:18

I cannot tell you how relieved I am! I was beginning to think I was in some way abnormal. Now I don't mean to alarm anyone who doesn't get juicy knickers, but that's not normal!

ExcuseTypos Fri 23-Aug-13 09:37:17

Most of those panty liners are scented.

I don't want an air fresher near my fanjo!

missbopeep Fri 23-Aug-13 09:46:39

You're all weird.

The only time I have had anything remotely like this is when my knickers have been a poor fit- the front of them gets 'tugged back' and they migrate towards the bum.
I'd say it's cos your knicks are too big or too loose or maybe even too small- it's not your fanjo that's at fault.

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 23-Aug-13 09:50:29

Agree with missbopeep.
I bet your knickers are too big.

missbopeep Fri 23-Aug-13 09:58:31

Your elastic's gone, love!

Get some that actually fit and have bigger 'fronts' ( maybe if you are wearing something resembling a thong it won't help) and elastic that does the job!

I suggest you see where they gusset is when you first pop them on- if it's in the right place but then migrates towards your bum, your knicks are the wrong size for you, or they are worn out.

tryingforsolong Fri 23-Aug-13 11:10:13

I'm so relieved it's not just me.

I'm crying (with laughter) now.

So...where do you get knickers that fit? I've never managed it. My ideal pair would squeeze me in two inches and make me feel like I'm not wearing any but I realise that I'll never find them.

TMI I would also like them to be bleach proof cos my fanjo must secrete concentrated bleach confused

Jovellanos Fri 23-Aug-13 11:11:57

Oh gawd, I get this. My gusset keeps my arse warm.

missbopeep Fri 23-Aug-13 11:15:34

It's the ammonia in your wee wee drips that bleaches smile

What I call knickers that fit are ones where the front 'rise' is equal to the back ( more or less) so that you don't end up with an inch of coverage at your front parts and loads at the back.

IME ( not that I have worn them) tiny knickers like thongs have the gusset in the wrong place.

I prefer what they call bikini knickers which give a reasonable amount of cover front and back. Currently either M&S 5 for £12 or J Lewis pima cotton ( all plain white black or nude) 5 for £10. Not special by any means but they do the job.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 23-Aug-13 16:30:50

I am impressed with the knowledge shown on this thread on knickers sizing and gussetry!. I wish I'd asked years ago and saved myself the worry of things not being where they ought to be.

Missbopeep- I can assure you my elastic has not gone :-) but I will try knickers from other outlets, I have been buying from tesco. I never try before I buy either, is that something I ought to do, do you think?

missbopeep Fri 23-Aug-13 17:20:23

^Try before you buy^- hmm.
If you do, you must keep your own knicks on underneath as well of course!
I always take them out of the pack- usually buy a pack of 5- and see what shape they are. <expert eye scans gusset>
I once tried on my DDs thong over my own knickers and was shocked at how the gusset didn't cover anything it ought to, so can only assume that these gusset 'issues' are caused by skimpy cut where the front of the knicker is somehow pulled down and the gusset disappears up your bum.

Karbea Fri 23-Aug-13 17:45:15

So are you saying all things are wrongly designed? because i've just looked and the front and back look pretty even to me.

Surely if you wipe your fanjo you shouldn't get wee drops in your knickers...

Karbea Fri 23-Aug-13 17:45:51

all things??? all thongs!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now