Nick Hubbard has died

(15 Posts)

Nick Hubbard Jewellery has sadly passed away.

I would say he was one of the UK's most talented and innovative jewellers and it is a huge loss to the industry.

tywysogesgymraeg Tue 20-Aug-13 17:56:22

Never heard of him.

Dackyduddles Tue 20-Aug-13 17:57:09

Me either. Sorry

isshoes Tue 20-Aug-13 17:57:10

What lovely sentiments tywy

GreenFirefly Tue 20-Aug-13 18:03:45

my degree was jewellery design. I loved his stuff. always looked out for it at the dazzle exhibition. sad

susiedaisy Tue 20-Aug-13 18:11:20

Who

Jeezo have you never heard of google?

Fwiw he was a very kind and interesting man who made beautiful bespoke jewellery as per the link provided.

Cremolafoam Tue 20-Aug-13 21:47:10

Oh I love that jewellery.
How very sad to lose such a unique artistsad

libertychick Tue 20-Aug-13 23:14:04

Thank you for the link Mrscumberbatch. What great jewellery - was he a friend of yours? I am so sorry.

This is going to maybe sound crass but will the business keep going? I have just seen a piece on your link that I would love to buy and keep for my daughter and wondering if I could leave the purchase for a month or two or if I should just buy it now?

Beetrootqueen Tue 20-Aug-13 23:35:19

Why on earth would you reply to this with "never heard of him" ? How crass.
Thanks for mentioning, I love the bracelet I have and think he did some great work.

AnneUulmelmahay Tue 20-Aug-13 23:40:09

Oh such a shame, I am sorry to hear this

(Active ignoring the stupids on here)

noddyholder Tue 20-Aug-13 23:41:25

How sad absolutely love the lockets

Not a friend but have met him and his family at trade shows etc and they were all beyond lovely. It made me like his jewellery even more (hoarder alert!)

I do hope that the workshop carries on in some capacity, although not sure how it will go as he designed everything.

His work is so special though, there's nothing else like it on the market. What a legacy to be remembered for!

Thecatsmum Wed 21-Aug-13 07:21:12

What a shame, have recently discovered his website and have been admiring/saving for some pieces. He will be missed.

buttercrumble Wed 21-Aug-13 07:36:17

Fabulous jewellery and such a loss, shame about the ignorant comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now