Very posh wedding outfit required...

(47 Posts)
LonelyLinda Tue 20-Aug-13 16:27:41

and I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I fancy a dress with a matching/coordinating hat or fascinator.

Can anybody inspire me please?

Selks Tue 20-Aug-13 22:23:02

If you are in the north, Hat Therapy offers a bespoke hat making service.

tethersend Tue 20-Aug-13 22:27:13

There a cheaper 'tribute' to the red VW dress here

Steamedcabbage Tue 20-Aug-13 22:32:00

Any of these any good by any chance?

(I like the first green one best ...wd look good with your hair/skin tone????)

petitdonkey Tue 20-Aug-13 23:18:47

Was going to suggest The Outnet- I think that the dress tethers suggested (orange one) would be hard to beat. I love wearing something when you don't have to worry about a jacket or wrap- very elegant. I have ff boobs and wore a dress with a back like that earlier this year to a wedding. I wore my usual bra with those connector things that make it low backed.

petitdonkey Tue 20-Aug-13 23:25:19

this is lovely - I have two dresses from this brand and they are gorgeous and you're less likely to run into someone wearing it.

OldRoan Wed 21-Aug-13 00:39:48

I came on to say Hobbs. I would do this gold dress with an accent colour for hat, maybe like this, but is it more of a proper-hat affair?

Disclaimer: I am not necessarily fashionable, but I am a similar shape to you OP, and Hobbs always has stuff to suit me. And I love the gold for late summer/autumn.

OldRoan Wed 21-Aug-13 00:52:18

For hats...how creative are you? I have discovered Randall Ribbons who sell untrimmed hats, which you can either leave or pop a bit of ribbon round (or go all out on feathers and netting and stuff). I have the sweetheart hat which I stitched onto a hat-comb for a fancy dress party, and I got a proper hat. The proper hat was quite tight, so worth checking size, but you get to feel very smug that you 'made' it, and nobody will have the same!

LeoandBoosmum Wed 21-Aug-13 05:43:58

For a wedding in September, how about this?
This hat!
www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0212-1822-040000&refpage=search/results
with this dress:
www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/dept/clothing-dresses?resetFilters=true#product=903000060662
With your figure and colouring, I think it'd flatter smile

LeoandBoosmum Wed 21-Aug-13 05:45:13

I also like the gold dress OldRoan suggested (bargain!) and the hat I said... That would be a class combo smile

tethersend Wed 21-Aug-13 09:43:47

I love the Hobbs gold dress with Leo's hat. And a fur or feather wrap if it's nippy.

Pinupgirl Wed 21-Aug-13 10:21:21

Deadly is the fenmale have some lovely dresses that are very wow for around £150. They also do fascinators/head pieces.

mummylovescakes Wed 21-Aug-13 10:56:35

I think this colour would look stunning on you with a vintage hat

LonelyLinda Wed 21-Aug-13 11:00:05

Thank you soooooo much for all of your help, I have had loads of fun looking at all of these dresses, hats, fascinators etc.

Anyway, after being directed to the Hobbs sale by Oldroan I have decided on this.....
CRIMSON-10&refpage=outlet/dresses

It is over budget but I'll be able to wear it again.

Thank you for all of your help!

LonelyLinda Wed 21-Aug-13 11:01:43
tethersend Wed 21-Aug-13 11:11:03

Can't see the dress- can you link again?

LonelyLinda Wed 21-Aug-13 11:21:25

I know, I'm struggling with this, there are gaps in the link which is causing the problem

I'll try again

www.hobbs.co.uk/search/results?searchTerm=rochelle

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 21-Aug-13 11:24:59
MrsCampbellBlack Wed 21-Aug-13 11:26:03

The Rochelle? Its very glamorous - is the wedding black tie?

LonelyLinda Wed 21-Aug-13 11:28:56

It isn't black tie but it is in a castle, the people are very posh so I didn't think the dress would be OTT iyswim

DameFanny Wed 21-Aug-13 11:40:05

You need a good stole to balance that dress I think.

tethersend Wed 21-Aug-13 12:34:52

I think you will have to be very careful not to look like a bridesmaid in that- I'd go for dark accessories like a brown stole or black feather jacket.

FreyaKItty Wed 21-Aug-13 17:38:35

I have the gold dress (bought last year - was thinking of wearing to a wedding in November). Thanks for the hat and styling advise !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now